Sundown Audio

Amp cuts out but other one keeps playing

14Fusion

What your gain is under 3/4, how did you set it with the dd-1? That just sounds incredibly high. I have yet to have an amp yet, where i have had to have the gain above 1/4.

truthsayer

Gains set with DD-1.

Uses a LOC with a 9.5 volt output.

Highest input voltage amp accepts is 6volts.

Gain is just under 3/4 the way up.

Several things don't add up.

So far I have only found 1 LOC that does not immediately show distortion on the DD-1 and that is the Prototype SMD LOC which was never released (yet).

Ive never tested a Navone N-RHL4 but if its distortion free at any volume, let alone at 9.5 volts please show a video showing this because lots of people are in need of a nice LOC that instantly doesn't show distortion (which makes it IMPOSSIBLE to set an amplifier gain with a DD-1).

With that being said, 9.5 volts output would mean you wouldn't even need to set your gain, to set your gain you would have to turn it back about -3.5volts on the amp which is not possible.

So I have a hard time believing the fact that if you used a DD-1 like you claimed to have that it would require you to turn the gain up any let alone passed 1/2 or under 3/4 like you have said.

May be something as simple as airflow.... I had my 4 chan go into protect from overheating. changed a few things around so it got more air and BOOM BADA BING, hasn't gone to protect since.

:+1: The location of the amp and airflow makes a extreme difference how hot a amp can get. If your connections are clean and tight, and you tuned it properly with the DD1 it may just be overheating. You did say it plays and cuts out and comes back on but goes out again. Your amp is yelling at you saying " Im to hot i cant stay on till i cool down" :lol2: On a side note .... I have a massive N2 Nano block amp. real compact efficient. Ran 8 Awg to the trunk, the amp stayed ice cold at all times. Decided to try and mount it in the glove box in my gfs blazer, the amp tgets hot to the touch after maybe 30 minutes of playing.... No airflow = no where for the heat to go. Its like a dam oven.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

I should clarify, its a 9.5v MAX output, not constant. As you may be able to tell Im still new to this, I actually emailed Navone and he clarified that for me and the RCAs shouldnt be the issue.

As for gains, could be too high, but the car has been in the shop for a bit so I am going off memory as to where I actually set them.

As for distortion off the LOC the DD1 showed distortion at 4/5 volume for the 4 channel and max for the mono, and I did test it more than once with the same results as per the instructions from SMD. The LOC does not have any adjustment on it either so it is what it is. AUDIOFANATICZ, when the car is back Ill get you a video of how I used the DD1 so maybe youll have a solution?

I did end up purchasing some fans that may mitigate the heat and possibly prevent it from going into protect? Ill find out when I actually get around to installing them.

Im just more curious into seen a LOC that doesnt distort or show distortion out of it, because to this day Ive tested many brands, and everyone showed distortion instantly.

So if this Navone is actually distortion free it is good to know because many people are in search of a decent LOC that isnt automatically clipping (no matter what the headunit volume is).

There are just a couple in this video that Ive test, and tested many more, and so far no luck on a good LOC.

Archived