[SOLVED: BAD PSU] -- PC Problem Advances to Stage II, even better! Win7 fails to start normal mode but safe modes work

So, I get back from vacation, we were gone 6 days and it was fine before we left. I come back and see it's on but theres a black screen that says ASUS anti-surge was triggered and that it shut down to prevent damage and all that. So I had to hold power to force shut down, but now when I boot up in normal mode, the PC will crash within 2 minutes, sometimes during the log in, sometimes 2 minutes after everything loads, and yet there's no errors and no messages, and no minidumps or anything? No BSOD, and I turned off the anti-surge which seems to be a big problem with these ASUS boards, unfortunately it didn't work and now it will only stay on in Safe Mode.

Wtf? Any help or ideas? I have the CPU monitoring going and my voltage(~1.30V) is steady and wattage too(~77W), no peaks or anything.

IT WAS THE PSU IN CASE YOU HAVE SIMILAR PROBLEMS.

(If your problem is a little different in that you run an ASUS mobo and Anti-Surge kicks in and you keep having shut downs during gaming or other heavy operations, turn that off in BIOS, it's typically too sensitive if it's tripped, but check the PSU and board to be safe as well. That's what google and an asus support guy told me)

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it could be lots of things mybe bad stick of ram, bad software and it wouldn't hurt to try out a new psu that's all I have ever owned is asus boards nvr had any problems with them I have a asus sabertooth mobo excellent board.

[media][/media]

there is a way to turn off the asus power surge im not sure how tho bro

Yeah, I know I've already turned that off in the BIOS.

But thanks, I'm just stuck because I can't get an error message or anything to even know what's causing it.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

I did a quick Google look and they all kept saying bad power supply. Not sure what else it could be, but I'm highly curious as to what is causing it.

2007 Ford Ranger

(ALL YET TO BE INSTALLED - DUE TO WORK SCHEDULES)

K&N Performance Air Intake

Massive Audio D2400 Mono Amplifier

2 Custom Built 8" Subwoofers in Ported Enclosure

Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In Dash Double Din DVD Player (Video Bypassed)

4 - Pioneer TS-A6886R 6" X 8"

2 - SMD Heavy Duty Single ANL Fuse Blocks

2- Stinger SPP1200 Dry Cell Batteries

JL AUDIO Interconnects

2/0 Gauge Big 3

ILL Customz 8 Spot Flat Lug Style Bolt Down Terminals

ILL Customz 1/0 to 4 Gauge Power / Ground Reducers

Factory Alternator

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2002 Cheverlot Monte Carlo SS - (Deceased)

2 - Rockford Fosgate Power 1501BD
1 - Rockford Fosgate Power 851x
Rockford Fosgate Power 6 1/2 Components
Rockford Fosgate Power 3 way 6x9
2 - JL Audio W7 13.5" Subwoofers (Sealed)
Pioneer AVH-P4400BH In - Dash DVD Player
Pioneer AVIC - U250 - Add-on GPS Navigation System
Audio Control 6XS 4 Way Crossover / Line Driver
Ohio Generator 200 Amp Alternator
3 - Stinger SPP1200 Batteries
1 - Optima D34/78 Battery

yea buddy would not hurt to try a diff psu I just got a BSOD from a bad pool header and usually that's not a cheap fix sometimes it's bad ram or bad sector in a HDD and my pc was built 4 gaming so its high quality parts, but I hope you get yours fixed friend.

[media][/media]

do you happen to have any of the asus utilities installed that came with the mobo? I know i tried to install the ones that came with my asus and they caused all kinds of issues.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

After a little bit of research, you might need to update your BIOS. The Asus AI Suite will let you do it from the operating system. I always just upgrade with a flash drive though.

I've also read you can turn off the Asus surge protection in the BIOS. You get to the BIOS by tapping F2 or Delete repeatedly after you power on the computer.

If that does not fix it... I've seen plenty of PSU failures and what you are explaining is exactly what happens when a PSU is beginning to fail. Safe mode uses minimal power from the PC and might aleviate the issue, but it's probably the PSU.

Archived