Looking for a good socket set with every size imaginable...

csshakka

Anyone have any recommendations for a good quality socket set with pretty much every size, shallow/deep sockets, etc in it? When working on the jeep I keep running into problems with not having the right size socket in my cheap harbor freight set. Specifically, went to change the PCV valve and it has about a half inch of clearance around it making getting a wrench in there difficult. On the other hand, I'd need like 1 3/8 in deep socket to use a ratchet.

EDIT: And no super expensive brands like Snap On please...

Budget? It's not going to be cheap for a huge set like that in decent tools.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Budget? It's not going to be cheap for a huge set like that in decent tools.

About $200 for a socket set sized similar to this:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Mechanics-Tool-Set-268-Piece-H268MTS/203541462

If there's more sockets in the set than this, budget can be bumped up to like $300. My only concern with this set is that I don't see the socket size listing and I'm not sure if the sockets shown would have like a 1 3/8 in deep socket. It almost seems as if you'd have to buy a good set like the husky one, but then for random big sockets/odd sizes that you need, you'd have to purchase the sockets individually.

Gray pneumatic makes nice sockets.

The gear wrench kits that come with the rail are a good bargain as well. I own a few of them.

However my favorite are the SK tools sockets.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Gray pneumatic makes nice sockets.

The gear wrench kits that come with the rail are a good bargain as well. I own a few of them.

However my favorite are the SK tools sockets.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Thats exactly what you do. Buy a big set, then add the ones you need that aren't included.

Son of a bitch. This is like an OCD killer where I want everything to be in a single nice set haha. Oh well

Archived