Sonic Electronix

I currently have two 10 inch w7s in a sealed box I'm my tl. It's a bit underpowered and I do around 12.9 on full volume.

My question is can I really bang thoose lows like a 12 inch would. I'm trying to do a lot around 32hz and below if that's possible. Such as the last note in "put on" by young jeezy. Is it worth it to get a box built or should I just give up on these subs?

Those subs are plenty capable, though there's only so much air a pair of 10" woofers will displace. I'd encourage you to build or buy a good ported box. Paying someone who knows what they're doing for either the design or final build will be money well spent.

Those subs are plenty capable, though there's only so much air a pair of 10" woofers will displace. I'd encourage you to build or buy a good ported box. Paying someone who knows what they're doing for either the design or final build will be money well spent.

What he said.

New box .

and not a prefab.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

I legit paid almost nothing for them as well and just refoamed them so please don't tell me their junk because they sound GREAT

All the W series JL's are quality subs. I still have (2) 10W6V2's they're over ten years old and still kickin low and accurate. So quality is not the issue. Box may be.

Depending on how you modeled it, (And take this with a grain of salt, I have only modeled and built one TL) it may be worth it to go build yourself a new box with different port sizes and test out some different designs. I say "test out" because may be the environment or your car thats the issue as well if you are not getting the output you want.

Check out Steve Deckert's box designs (decware.com). The 10s could be good for a wicked one enclosure, its a folded horn designs but plays really low. The housewrecker enclosures are fun too.

If you need tools just ask around. Most likely 10 or so of your friends will have or know someone who has the tool you need. Also if you don't have the money for tools I have had good luck renting commercial tools from United/Sunbelt/Theros in my area...its worth the 60$ for accurate rip cuts.

They will be fine. If you have never owned anything like "DC/AQ/sundown" ect.. Then you will be more then happy with the lows on two 10" w7's. Just be sure to have the enclosure built to your requirments and dont expect to have your lungs emptied every time the bass hits

Wow thanks guys. I was expecting a bunch of JLS SUCKS posts. But yea I'm getting a box made in a few weeks by a local shop. They want 225 for it. And tuned to 30hz. Is that reasonable?

The shop is called audiotronics in norwalk ct

Sounds about right. The JL site has a TON of info on the w7s and their discontinued drivers too. Make sure the tunning freq. is right before you have them build it.

Archived