Should i buy a DD-1?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im not having voltage issues my voltage is staying above 13 volts at full tilt lowest ive seen it drop is 12.4 v. but that rarely happens but i was planning in adding a second battery before i get my amp upgrade, but since my voltage isnt really dropping to much i thought i might as well get a dd-1 before the second battery. right now i have a group 34 agm battery with big 3 upgrade in 0 gauge.

In a word, yes. Gotta have the proper tools to do the work right.

If you had to hammer nails, would you use a rock and say its good enough or go buy the damned hammer?

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Yes. Best purchase I have ever made. Also, I have a "small system" Which is around 1500. $100 on a single tool is nothing when you have invested like some of these guys have on this site.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Why don't you go to a Honda forum and ask them if you should buy a Honda. I'm sure you'll get an unbiased answer.

I give the same advice in one form or another everywhere. Always say buy the tools, it's an investment.

How is that biased, cause I rec a DD1 instead of an Oscope?

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Why don't you go to a Honda forum and ask them if you should buy a Honda. I'm sure you'll get an unbiased answer.

I give the same advice in one form or another everywhere. Always say buy the tools, it's an investment.

How is that biased, cause I rec a DD1 instead of an Oscope?

And I'm sure if you drove a Honda you'd recommend buying a Honda here or on the Honda forum. The point is this is the SMD forum and people are more likely than not going to suggest buying SMD tools.

Those who would not will remain silent on the subject out of respect for the forum.

Archived