pioneer car stereo

had avh 1500dvd...good 2din HU

had DEH 80PRS...was excelent HU with alot of options....loved it but it failed me...

now owning the DEH 8400BT...also love it

also look from 5400 model on higher...deh9400/9600 bt, 80/88 prs are also great...if you have the $$

other than that...i owned some alpines, JVC, kenwood.....but it had never this much features for a single din HU than the Pioneers

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Of the Pioneers I've owned with subwoofer controls I have owned the DEH-P6700MP, DEH-4100UB, and DEH-80PRS, though I have yet to actually ever install and use the 80PRS. I have also installed and briefly played with the DEH-X6500BT as well in a coworkers ride, which she's still rocking it and seems to enjoy using the Bluetooth to stream music from her phone. Then there's probably a handful of others I've installed for various people in the past, but beyond playing with them during setup, I never had much experience with them.

IMHO, Pioneer and Alpine were the only HU brands I've used that "I" liked. I tried out Jensen (sucked), Clarion (skipped on CD's like CRAZY and wouldn't read a disc unless it was blemish free, but sounded great WHEN/IF it would read a disc), Kenwood (turned into a paper weight just a few weeks after the warranty was up, had this happen to me and a few classmates back in 98-99', which sort of put a bitter taste in my mouth for Kenwood, despite their HU's being fairly feature rich. Kenwood must have had some serious issues with quality control back then, though I still see a lot of people seem to run into the same issues of poor longevity with them.) and Sony never really impressed me with any of their gear, that is until I took a gamble on a DSX-S200X, which has been a decent HU so far. Sad as it is to say, I switched to it from an Alpine CDA-117, which drove me nuts, mostly due to the HORRIBLE BANKING system and everything at that time being an Add-on, which I felt it was pretty dumb on their part to offer their highest level model at the time and require the imprint processor to unlock the full potential of the unit. I didn't have the space, nor the cash for the processor at the time and never got one, which MAY have made me have slightly more respect for the unit, but I bought it. I loved my 9815 and 9833. Only thing I liked about the 117 over them was the ability to use USB and have playlists on it. However, due to the BANKING system, I couldn't tolerate having more than 1000 songs on a flash drive.

Edit.

Anyways, now that I once again read your post, it's not what have we ran, but what are we running, so with that, I must say I am not running a Pioneer unit at this point in time, but plan to use the DEH-80PRS in the near future.

I've had a few pioneer head units. Here is a list of the ones i've owned:

DEH-P9300 - It was decent, but it failed me after about

DEH-P9800BT - This was one of my most pain in the butt troubleshooting car audio experiences i've had... The RCA's went bad and I had to buy another amplifier to find out.

DEH-P9500BHS - Using it currently, I like it... But the controls do wear quickly.

I wasn't really sure about Kenwood until recently... I'd say they are on par with pioneer when it comes to comparing the quality. I installed a new kenwood headunit in my wifes vehicle and it's really nice.

Avic-z130bt I hate the damn thing it's slow as molasses. Really want to get my hands on the dex-p99rs just don't have the $ right now.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived