New owner of 2014 Jeep Patriot

I am going shopping tomorrow for a new ride.. Is there anything I should be aware of? I know about all the "upgraded" shit they try to tack on but outside of that is there anything I should be aware of so they don't get over on me with slick sales maneuvers ??

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Dont pay sticker. Try to get as many of the options on the sticker "thrown in".

If financing, decide on a final price of the vehicle, not what monthly payment you can afford. They'll try to justify an overpriced ride with a low monthly, but in the end you are paying more.

If you can, get pre-approved from your bank for the amount you are willing to pay. That way you have the power to say "I have money in hand" when haggling the price.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Before I even walk in I know what I want and what I don't down to each model. Be prepared to walk. Don't get walked on. Stand up for yourself, don't tell them shit about your trade in. And get pre approved.

When I traded in Malibu I owed 4k. I told them that. They all offered me at 4200 to 4500 when it should have been more in the 5500 range. If I would have told them more than that they would have offered that I feel

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

don't be afraid to tell someone to suck a fat one if you feel like they are infringing on you at all.

Number one piece of advice I've ever heard my dad tell about buying ANYTHING

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Look under the hood to see how hard it is to do basic maintenance like change the alternator or battery. There are vehicles out there that require removing the engine to change the alternator or taking off quarter panels to access the battery..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Go to the glove compartment and take out the owners manual and look up the original owner, it'll be written inside the front of the cover.

It'll also tell you the original dealership where it was sold so you can see if it's out of state.

I'm not familiar from the USA but in my state, a lot of repairable written off cars are purchased from interstate and repaired cheaply and sold for profit in my state (My state is a wealthy state with lots of money to go around and people always buying cars)

So if you're prepared to be patient you can always look up the original owner/state etc. and give them a call and ask why they sold the car or any issues they had with it, my father taught me that one. This only really works with cars fairly modern (Under ten years or you may find it's had a few owners)

You can also see if the car was previously owned by a company, if it was used for a company fleet it may have been trashed by employees and driven pretty hard, I know how company cars get treated here....

If it's a performance car always look for rubber up underneath the guards from burnouts etc. I remember the night before my buddy traded in his turbo Ford, we took it out and absolutely flogged it, so much rubber up under the guards, I think we went through two pairs of tires that night.

And importantly, get your price, work out a deal but don't sign anything, walk away, go home and sleep on it. If you miss out, big deal, there are dozens and dozens of cars coming up for sale all the time, you may find you change your mind the next day and trust me, you don't want to realise you've changed your mind when it's already parked in your driveway and you're paying $1000/month for it.

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

Archived