Just wondering what others do in a situation where we aren't rich, but we want a fun movie experience.

Personal setup: Onkyo TX-SR309 ($199.99 on sale), Jamo S 426 HCS 3 5.0 Speaker System ($199.99 on sale) and a Klipsch Sub 10 ($199.99 on sale). For my not so huge living room and a budget that's below a grand, I'm very happy with this system.

Anyone else been able to save money and be happy with sound? Always curious about other options!

2004 Ford Freestar SEL

Jensen VM9224BT

Alpine MRP-F257 "Flex 5"

MBQuart ONX 1000.1D

Factory Ford 5x7's (For now)

2 - MBQuart ONX304 12" Subwoofers

I love going to pawnshops and place like goodwill and getting all the old systems like people used to have back in the day before little cubes passed for main speakers. Got a set of Onkyo 3-way towers and a technics amp for $25 and it sounds better than any htib. No need for subs when your mains got 12"s. W.A.F. has ruined home stereos.

Oh man, I agree with the pawn shops. Used audio gear is kind of like heroin for me...

Recently I acquired a nice old 1991? Technics SA-GX300 receiver with matching DUAL cassette deck... The thing sounds pretty good! Even came with the era matching turntable from Technics. It's not the best, but it works well and sounds better than most MP3's!

I apologize, but I don't know the acronym W.A.F...?

2004 Ford Freestar SEL

Jensen VM9224BT

Alpine MRP-F257 "Flex 5"

MBQuart ONX 1000.1D

Factory Ford 5x7's (For now)

2 - MBQuart ONX304 12" Subwoofers

Archived