My dad recently purchased me a 2003 mustang and I've noticed something a bit odd when I get on it the speed odometer is way off when I'm doing 65 it reads around 80 when I get It up to 113 feels like 85 not sure but I was told it was because of the 18" wheels any ideas? Thanks in advance http://puu.sh/bjfd8/39577f1050.jpg

2002 Mustang GT Procharged

Procharger P1SC Supercharger, 8psi

Procharger Intercooler, Headers,

Borla Off Road X-Pipe Exhaust, Mass Airflow

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

lol scammer..

But to answer your question.. You have an iPhone, right? Try using any GPS app.

Or you can use your gear ratios and engine speed (tach) to determine whether or not your speedometer is right

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

lol scammer..

But to answer your question.. You have an iPhone, right? Try using any GPS app.

Or you can use your gear ratios and engine speed (tach) to determine whether or not your speedometer is right

How would I go about that lol

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

SCT Flash Chip (Excaliber II), Throttle Body, Lowering Springs, Carbon Fiber Hood

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

Id guess the car has after market gears, and no flash to let the ecu know.

no idea bro anyway to set it right ? I know for a fact it isn't right and has a couple different things done to it

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

It's a v6

Upgraded Fuel Injectors

-Front 275/40ZR17

-Rear 315/35ZR17

5.0 Short Shifter

3.55 Gears

You're kinda stuck to guessing if there are different gears. The change in tire size doesn't help the situation. Its COULD be easy to figure out, if you knew the gear ratio and difference in size between the stock wheels/tires and whats there now.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Is the car a GT or V6? The 6 came with 2.73s and the GT had 3.27s stock. Just off the top of my head, a previous owner put in 3.31/3.55s(V6) or 3.73/4.10s (gt).

thought i seen ford geared the v6 higher (numerically) and lower on the v8... a co-worker of mine had a 06 v6 and was geared at 3.73 from the dealer. i even thought he had a power adder.. it was as quick as the gt v8 just limited to 120 mph

that is the reason why a v6 can keep up with a v8. the difference was that the v6 was very limited on the ecm and the v8 didnt have limiters

Is the car a GT or V6? The 6 came with 2.73s and the GT had 3.27s stock. Just off the top of my head, a previous owner put in 3.31/3.55s(V6) or 3.73/4.10s (gt).

thought i seen ford geared the v6 higher (numerically) and lower on the v8... a co-worker of mine had a 06 v6 and was geared at 3.73 from the dealer. i even thought he had a power adder.. it was as quick as the gt v8 just limited to 120 mph

that is the reason why a v6 can keep up with a v8. the difference was that the v6 was very limited on the ecm and the v8 didnt have limiters

Maybe on the new edge cars (05-14), but the 96-04 cars were made for gas mileage (gay).

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived