Sundown Audio

the SA 6.5 CS finally installed...

I have to say I am impressed with the sound on the Sundown comps. I am still waiting for the SAX 150.4 (is that ever going to come in?) so I hooked them up to a Rodek 280e that I had my closet since the mid 90's. I set it all up using an oscope. I crossed them off at 63 hz with a 12 dB slope using the built in xover on the alpine HU and they sound really good...really clean. The Rodek has 2 channels and pushing around 80-90W per side.

I was reluctant to buy them due to alot of positive reviews of the Morel's but damn these sound really nice for the money. I heard alot of speakers in the 100-500.00 range leading up to purchasing and these don't disappoint me. I have had Paradigm loudspeakers in my home theater forever and I can recognize good clean sound reproduction. If I ever get my sundown amp, it will be interesting to see how these sound with some real power added to them.

Murdoc

Murdoc

06 civic sedan

alpine cde-hd149bt

sundown sax 150.4

sundown 6.5cs

sundown sd-2 8v2 (pair in a sealed box)

They are some awesome speakers. I ran mine on about 110 watts ish. They got pretty loud and sounded good. Once you start pushing them real hard they start to struggle a little so you might need to raise that crossover point on that big amp but yeah, I haven't heard anything like them for the same price.

Surprisingly, the Rodek amp still pounds. That thing is from 1990 and it still produces nice clean sound. If i hadn't preordered/prepaid for the Sundown amp, I would be tempted to find another one to run the 2 x sd2 8's that are waiting to be hooked up.

Thanks for the heads up on the xover point when I get the 150.4. I will bump up the xover 80-100. What's ideal for slope? I am still playing with it and I can notice differences in the music between 6 and 24 but what does it actually do? Something about roll off within the music?

Murdoc

06 civic sedan

alpine cde-hd149bt

sundown sax 150.4

sundown 6.5cs

The 150.4 came in this week along with the other amps.

Have the 150.4's been shipping out? This was almost 2 weeks ago and I haven't had any solid feedback from the local dealer. I imagine I am in queue for 1 considering I paid the dude up front for it back in May. So, it should eventually show up?

Murdoc

Murdoc

06 civic sedan

alpine cde-hd149bt

sundown sax 150.4

sundown 6.5cs

We've shipped out all known pre-orders; I'd need to know who you bought it from to have the staff check any further.

I bought it from Stephen Flemming at Seductive Sounds in Oshawa Ontario (Toronto). I shot him an email last Wednesday (the 10th) and he replied saying he would let me know when he had tracking from you guys. SInce then I haven't heard anything. So, I am guessing it hasn't shipped.

The pre-order also had a set of 6.5 CS's and 2 x SD-2 8's which I received in August. I can provide the sales receipt if needed. Maybe the amp got overlooked after the order split shipped. Anyways, if you could you let me know what's happening, that would be great.

Murdoc

06 civic sedan

alpine cde-hd149bt

sundown sax 150.4

sundown 6.5cs