Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer Brands

RainStryke

I've been trying to find out all of the brands we have to choose from on the market. I have found out quite a few of the big brands only sell to authorized dealers and pride them selves on not selling online... Which make me wonder what brands i'm missing out on and what people would recommend. So I came up with a list of all of the subwoofer brands I know, even the cheap bad ones... I'm just wanting to know which one's i'm missing, even the cheap online bought ones. I'm also wanting to know what subwoofer brands people have tried and what they think of them. Even the brands that might be discontinued are still cool to learn about.

Here is my list:

American Bass

Ascendant

Alpine

Arc Audio

Alphasonik

Autotek

Audiotek

Audiopipe

Audiobahn

Atomic

Bazooka

Boss

Boston Acoustics

Cadence

Cerwin Vega

Clarion

CT Sounds

Crossfire

Crunch

Critical Mass

Dayton Audio

DC Audio

Digital Designs

Diamond Audio

Dual

Eclipse

Earthquake

Fi

Focal

Fusion

FU Audio

Hifonics

Hertz

Incriminator Audio

Image Dynaics

infinity

JBL

Jensen

JL

JVC

Kenwood

Kicker

Lanzar

Legacy

MA Audio

Magnum

Massive Audio

MB Quart

Memphis

MTX

Morrel

NVX

Orion

Obsidian Audio

Phoenix Gold

Pioneer

Planet Audio

Polk Audio

PSi

Power Acoustik

PowerBass

Precision Power

Pyle

Pyramid

Q Power

Quantum Audio

Rainbow

RE Audio

Rockford Fosgate

Skar Audio

Sony

Soundstream

Soundstorm

Sundown Audio

SSA

SPL

Tantric

Tang Band

TC Sounds

VIBE

Visonik

Volfenhag

VM Audio

Zapco

This thread is absurd.

As far as satisfaction with subwoofer choice, there's one major problem here: ENCLOSURE. There's no way of judging a subwoofer's performance without it being in a good enclosure. You listed a lot of subs you've personally tried but failed to mention what kind of amp and what kind or style of enclosure you ran them in. You have a lot of entry level subwoofers that you've only been mildly pleased with. Step up to a quality sub in a well designed and built enclosure and there is where your happiness will be.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

This thread is absurd.

As far as satisfaction with subwoofer choice, there's one major problem here: ENCLOSURE. There's no way of judging a subwoofer's performance without it being in a good enclosure. You listed a lot of subs you've personally tried but failed to mention what kind of amp and what kind or style of enclosure you ran them in. You have a lot of entry level subwoofers that you've only been mildly pleased with. Step up top a quality sub in a well designed and built enclosure and there is where your happiness will be.

Agreed. Other than the other %95 missing of the total system, any of those brands can be made to sound good.

Think about putting a DC level 6 on a Boss 5000w amplifier...nothing but shit.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

is this subwoofer brands and nothing else? or whats going on here. i had four 15" lanzar subs and they where alright on 1000 watts, it made a boom but at the end of the day you still have.... lanzar subs.

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

My original post was edited to offer more information that you find important to the judgement of a certain brands sub. I'm really interested to know if i've missed any brands that might be worth checking into. I'm also interested in hearing peoples experiences with their stuff, even if it is crappy equipment. Some people can't afford the best.

I know people are going to have a lot of opinions of the way I judge my subwoofer expereiences or find them incorrect. The information is nice, but I also appriciate an example of the way that person judges their own experiences with their subwoofers. Like what happened to them, why did you like or dislike them.

You missed a few obvious ones, Atomic, Critical Mass, Tantric, and Morrel.

This thread is going to get really silly beyond just listing companies that sell woofers. As has been mentioned box and vehicle are large factors, and product line is also worthy of consideration. Some of those companies have a good product in all lines, some have only a couple worth touching.... so even trying to comment on overall build quality will be pointless without really narrowing things down.

You missed a few obvious ones, Atomic, Critical Mass, Tantric, and Morrel.

This thread is going to get really silly beyond just listing companies that sell woofers. As has been mentioned box and vehicle are large factors, and product line is also worthy of consideration. Some of those companies have a good product in all lines, some have only a couple worth touching.... so even trying to comment on overall build quality will be pointless without really narrowing things down.

Thanks for the additions. This definitely adds a new perception into what someone would need to do before deciding on the subwoofer they would want for their application.

I'm really interested to know if i've missed any brands that might be worth checking into.

Some of the brands you posted aren't even worth of checking out

That's part of the point of this thread. People trying to research all of the different brands would like to know which ones you should stay away from. If you have that opinion of one of the companies, you should say so... People do google searches for stuff like this and find forum threads like this to help guide them towards a purchase they will be happy with.

Focus on your budget. Fi and Dual in the same list is going nowhere.

I'm not comparing brands, i'm attempting to get a full list of every brand that makes a subwoofer for cars while asking for peoples opinions on their experiences with any brand on the list.

Archived