Retrofitting Headlight Reflector question

I'm about to do a retrofit this week on my headlights and just had a question about the chrome reflector. If i were to black the whole low beam reflector would it matter or shouldn't matter? Since a projector is going in there anyways, i was wondering if there be any light out put issues with that. I know if i did them with the High Beams there would be a difference since those are not getting a projector.

should not matter at all just think about it this way if u didn't black it out u would get 100% light output, when u do black it out you would get about 95% output. post pictures man before and after pics, hell do one light blacked out and the other one not blacked out and do a comparison.

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

should not matter at all just think about it this way if u didn't black it out u would get 100% light output, when u do black it out you would get about 95% output. post pictures man before and after pics, hell do one light blacked out and the other one not blacked out and do a comparison.

That's what i was thinking. Since it's coming out from a projector straight across so i would think it wouldn't even need a reflector basically. I'm thinking about doing the high beam as well, i know if i did that there be a difference but not sure it be a bad idea or not. 95% of the time when i'm driving i don't even use the high beams.

I will for sure when i get a chance will do a before and after.

Blacking out the reflector behind your projector is perfectly fine, no issues there. But, you seem to be pretty set on the idea of blacking out the high beam side aswell - without having a projector in there also it's going to seriously hurt that output. What projectors do you have? Are you positive they aren't Bi-Xenon? If they are/you pick some up instead of single beams (Morimoto Mini's are very affordable and basically the most commonly used projectors) you can run your high and lows right out of the same lens, and just disconnect the factory high beam bulb and black that side out aswell without any negative effects.

Blacking out the reflector behind your projector is perfectly fine, no issues there. But, you seem to be pretty set on the idea of blacking out the high beam side aswell - without having a projector in there also it's going to seriously hurt that output. What projectors do you have? Are you positive they aren't Bi-Xenon? If they are/you pick some up instead of single beams (Morimoto Mini's are very affordable and basically the most commonly used projectors) you can run your high and lows right out of the same lens, and just disconnect the factory high beam bulb and black that side out aswell without any negative effects.

Well i have a shop doing it now since i don't have the time as of right now. And they are using the Morimoto Mini H1 Projectors for both low beams. Would it be a huge effect on the high beams if they blacked them out? Since i have fog lights on the bumper theses new retrofits and that's it. I was thinking i probably don't need the high beams at all. I just don't want to spend any more then i have already for a Bi-Xenon or 2 Mini's per headlight. And the way i'm going with these i don't want any chrome inside them.

Well i have a shop doing it now since i don't have the time as of right now. And they are using the Morimoto Mini H1 Projectors for both low beams. Would it be a huge effect on the high beams if they blacked them out? Since i have fog lights on the bumper theses new retrofits and that's it. I was thinking i probably don't need the high beams at all. I just don't want to spend any more then i have already for a Bi-Xenon or 2 Mini's per headlight. And the way i'm going with these i don't want any chrome inside them.

The mini h1's are bi-xenon. Those are what I use. If you have the same version, yours will be also... Did you get a chance to look at them? If there is a small set of wires coming from them (not the ones to connect to your factory plug) then that's the wiring to tie into your highbeam wiring that will flip an actuator in them to allow full light output without the cutoff shield (what makes the light stay down) to use them with your regular high switch. So... I'd be checking to see if your model of them is actually a bi-xenon that they're hooking up as only lowbeam. But yeah, trying to use your regular highs with a blacked out reflector would hurt the output a lot.

After checking real quick, I don't think they even make any of the mini h1's anymore that aren't bi-xenon... So if you just wire the actuator up you'll be all set with low/high all from your one projector and you can just unhook your factory highs bulbs.

After checking real quick, I don't think they even make any of the mini h1's anymore that aren't bi-xenon... So if you just wire the actuator up you'll be all set with low/high all from your one projector and you can just unhook your factory highs bulbs.

Thanks for the help they said they can wire the low and highs to the one projector. Never thought about that and really helps me a lot, so thanks for the help on that.

This should answer your question lol

IMG-20140406-WA0019_zps95ee7d7f.jpg

Even though I'm running FX-R, the concept is the same... bixenon ..

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

Archived