XS Power

Time to upgrade need some input.

Would a little more airspace for the wall be beneficial? Might be able to get away with less power if you made it more efficient, which would mean less batteries.

Reason I ask is because maybe it would just be better to have all the batteries in the bed (or under the bed, or whatever). Make an enclosure for em, seal it up, won't have to worry about a full cover for the bed, and you don't have to worry about getting a crapload of smaller batteries just to fit them. Even with the same amount of power and batteries, to me it's a better idea. Won't have to cram those batteries under the wall, plus if something happens to one how do you get to them under the wall?

I don't know man, just throwing out ideas.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant bring myself to do a toolbox. I think they look like shit and I dont want that look for this. Its on 24s and has some other things done too so its not just about the audio.

The wall is 17 cubes net with 16.5 cubes of port per iirc. Its pretty much perfect for these or their replacements. I dont think I can get alot more efficiency out of it and I'm really happy with the way it sounds.

Ive already had to pull a batt once. Its not that bad. Time consuming yes but overall doable. I built that factor into my designing when I was done. I can pull the bottom trim panel and then unhook the terminal and pull the batts out. The first one sucks the rest are cake.

Im trying to maintain that clean look. Like it could have been factory. Thats my whole goal with nothing in the bed. well that and another 500 bucks in wire that Id have to add in.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Part of my goal was to keep my truck stock appearing.

I think you are well beyond that already

Gonna say "what replacements" yet? ...... lol

well,.. then load that space with every 1200 you can......

I would look at going to a 6phase style generator also. If you stay with Dom or anyone else. IMHO this would be a HUGE help/benifit.

Again, you know who i like, but, dude, ANY great maker that does some hairpin/6 phase gens, you will SHIT over the output, and how EASY it is to get.

fuck, this is awesome.. LOL

Yeah, what about adding a couple alts instead of more reserve. Possible?

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Yeah, what about adding a couple alts instead of more reserve. Possible?

fuck ya.. hes dual'd already.

If a 3rd is doable, .. and what power is out now.... 3 would run 20k, (with a nice reserve) for days and days..........

2 6phase alts and a nice bank, would allow anything he would do... for sure.

What ya think kid?

Triples or quads are doable but further out. The iraggis will be gone by then. Not saying a word yet until I can post the picture of all of it sitting there

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

corded-reciprocating-saw-sawzall-makita.

All you fuckin need. You know what to do, get to it

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)