Sundown Audio

Need 2 - SA-8s for 01 Trans Am.. Questions and enclosure options

Been a long time since I've actually bought car audio, and there seems to be alot more options than I'm used to.

I have an AQ1200d and am finally getting to throwing subs in the trans am. I have a DC lvl 3 , but with the weird Hatch area on the trans am, nothing seems like it will work right, while still being hidden below the tank. I can get about 2.2 cubic feet or so of enclosure, minus sub and port displacement, so hoping to have about 1.3 net area.. but will need to know if I should go slot port or aero?

Where to buy:.... I know for the regulars this is a easy question.. But I just want to keep supporting the vendors,

I am building the box. But I want the cubby area open so I can mount the amp down there. Then I'm just going to put the box on top of the 2 side humps. And I want it lower than the top of the gas tank... I'm sure I could make a 4 cube enclosure but I want it all hidden. Behind the carpeted flap...

Hope that all made sense lol

these cars get loud with minimal equipment, my future build will be 2 X-8's on somewhere around 2.5-3k. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it man!

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Thanks man. Should be a fun lil project. Makes it tough wanting everything hidden tho , really limits my space.

I don't want anything crazy. But once I get the first one in there. I'm sure I'll want another.

Can't wait to see his this little guy sounds in there. For now I'll be pushing it with my aq1200d at 2 ohm.. so should be around 700 RMS or so after voltage drop and rise

I have a single sa-8 in the trunk of my civic right now. It is unbelievable how much sound and movement I get out of it. Shakes the sunroof even! My box is .75 cubes (after displacement). 2 3“ Aero ports tuned around 35. The problem with the aeros is that they are each 25“ long. Tough to have a tiny little box with crazy long pipes sticking out of it. For compact I would think slot port might be easier.

Several systems, several vehicles. Always changing!

DCSig_zpsgm88292n.jpg

2013 MECA State Champion (trunk 1)

2014 MECA State Champion (mod 4)

2014 MECA state Champion (Park and Pound 4)

2014 DBDRAG 6th place North America Finals (SS1-2)

2014 BASS RACE 6th place North America Finals (139.9)