Mechman Alternators

GM 5.3l belt stretching & slippage.

Took my secondary alternator off last week, winter is apraching, so I'm running the stock belt with a single Mechman 270. The belt is only about six months old, and the tensioner is only one month old but the it is at the end of it's stroke and the belt tension isnt good.

I'm guessing that the belt has stretched abnormally and the small size alternator pulley makes tension worse but if it hasen't then what can I do? Smaller belt?

I know there's lots of guys with this engine and Mechman alternator, wondering if they've had this problem.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Shorter belt is the way I would go. Also what brand of tensioner is it? I've seen many different cheap tensioner's such as dayco fail in a very short amount of time I try to stick with oem.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Got the tensioner from the dealer so it must be OEM. As far as getting a shorter belt, is there a specific part number or do I just bring the stock belt and measure againts it?

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Got the tensioner from the dealer so it must be OEM. As far as getting a shorter belt, is there a specific part number or do I just bring the stock belt and measure againts it?

Look up a gates belt chart and get the next size down from yours if that's not short enough buy the next size down.

Edited by Broke_Audio_Addict

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

What others have said.. Look up the stock belt number and just get the size below it.. It may take you a few different belts to get the right size needed

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Gates are good belts!

Not just good they are the best, and the only belts I'll spend my money on.

• 2 weeks later...