Sundown Audio

High Pass or Full range ?

sim0nkpc

Hi there,

I'm having difficulty of understanding whether I should set my 4 channel amp (powering 2 sets of 4" component speakers Morel and Helix (High ,mid no woofer with crossover) to High Pass or Full range and crossover frequency.

As I'm not a car audio expert, I don't seem to hear any difference when I set to full range or high pass.

In addition, Which would be more approriate setting and frequency on the amp,

p.s I have a separate mono amp running a 12 inch sub. I think i may have mid bass problem don't I? Would mid bass be same as the bass coming from the subs (low pass frequency set to 100hz on mono)

your input is very much appreicated!

simon

The reason you can't hear a difference when you turn the amps crossover on and off, is because the componentts already have a passive crossover.

So it's 2 crossovers cutting the same feq.

Passive crossovers split the frequency between the tweet and mid at like 3500hz. You still need a high pass filter. It is not two crossovers cutting the same frequency.

He likely doesn't hear a difference because the driver is physically incapable of reproducing the frequencies below the crossover point at any appreciable volume.

Thanks. Should I be looking at a mid bass or mid range (bigger from 4" up) to get a more evenly blended setting. I notice mid bass is pretty much set (frequency) as the woofer. I

Btw I'm running a 12" sundown zv3 @ 1 ohm 2cu ft @ 33hz.

Archived