Sundown Audio

Changing my amps?

Ninja1990

He's making fun of Hifonics, cause it's considered the budget brand that can't do rated power despite being CEA compliant. My BE1700.1 exceeds rated in dynamic RMS, so I don't really mind them that much. I'm sure my next two amplifiers will be the Hifonics Atlas and Jupiter amplifiers when I scrounge up the cash.

Crescendo and Soundqubed both have some that are budget friendly. Im sure other brands do as well like Sundown but I didnt look at those when I was looking for myself.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Oh shit a competition amp!!

???

Sarcasm...

Kenwood KIV-701
Crescendo BC2000D
DC Audio lvl3 w/ lvl4 upgrade, 18''
6ft^3 @ 27hz
MBquart ONX 4.125
(2) PWX 6.5

(2) PWX 8
(2) FT1
300amp Singer with VCM @14.5
Optima YT & D1200
My Build Log
dcsig.jpg

every company has their niche market. hifonics has successfully captured the average ignorant teenage boy.

Dont trip.. Ive never won anything in my life. Spite a 10lb cock and a bucket of balls at birth,......
Yeah.. like i said, nothing in my life. :shrug: meh, im cool with it, fuck it.

He's making fun of Hifonics, cause it's considered the budget brand that can't do rated power despite being CEA compliant. My BE1700.1 exceeds rated in dynamic RMS, so I don't really mind them that much. I'm sure my next two amplifiers will be the Hifonics Atlas and Jupiter amplifiers when I scrounge up the cash.

Ahh, I can relate lol... My BRZ1700 isn't doing near rated, at almost rated voltage. When I said "competition amp", I meant it wasn't a run of the mill, class A/B 2 ch. amp. The amp is basically two 1ohm monoblocks, strapped into one case, from what i'm told. Seeing I have two, 2ohm DVC subs and want 2.5k RMS, this amp seemed pretty solid for the price. I have no experience with these type of amp so if anyone has any educated input, i'm open to it! Price is nice on the Colossus though and two SAZ1200.1D's or something go way over my financial range :/

Head Unit - Clarion VX709 7" DVD Touchscreen

Mid/Highs - Front Doors - RF Prime 6.5" component mids.

A. Pillars - RF Punch component tweets.
B. Pillars - RF Prime component tweets.
Rear Doors - RF Punch 5.25" mids.
RF Punch 3-way passive X-overs.
Mid/Highs Amp - MB Quart Onyx 360.4, 4 channel, 640W RMS.
Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Sub Amp - Audiopipe GD6001 @.5ohm, clamped 2825RMS.
Box - 9.6 cu^3 net @35Hz, three 6" aero's.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

The BRZ1700 is a run of the mill class D Hifonics amp. Nothing fancy about it at all....

If you think it's .5 ohm stable your mistaken, with the subs you have .5 or 2ohms are your options.

It's 1ohm stable, and the extra speaker input is for wiring ease, the 2 speaker inputs are wired in parallel internally.

The BRZ1700 is a run of the mill class D Hifonics amp. Nothing fancy about it at all....

If you think it's .5 ohm stable your mistaken, with the subs you have .5 or 2ohms are your options.

It's 1ohm stable, and the extra speaker input is for wiring ease, the 2 speaker inputs are wired in parallel internally.

I know this, that's why I want to strap two new amps or get an amp capable of 2.5k @2ohms. I have the BRZ one one 15 now @1ohm and have another 15 on the way, so need to change amps. I've known this BRZ was a mid line amp, just hard to find the right amp/amps to do the job here without breaking me. The Hifonics Mt. Olympus Colossus is a 2ch. amp, pretty much two strapped mono amps. Does 2.5k+ @2ohms, however I have never seen it dyno. Other that that amp, I am not considering Hifonics. Was looking at two AQ1200.1D's or two SAZ1200.1D's.

Head Unit - Clarion VX709 7" DVD Touchscreen

Mid/Highs - Front Doors - RF Prime 6.5" component mids.

A. Pillars - RF Punch component tweets.
B. Pillars - RF Prime component tweets.
Rear Doors - RF Punch 5.25" mids.
RF Punch 3-way passive X-overs.
Mid/Highs Amp - MB Quart Onyx 360.4, 4 channel, 640W RMS.
Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Sub Amp - Audiopipe GD6001 @.5ohm, clamped 2825RMS.
Box - 9.6 cu^3 net @35Hz, three 6" aero's.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

got ya. I can personally vouch for Soundqued amps, I installed a 1200 in a friends Titan and was impressed.

I own a SQ2200 on one 15 and it's nasty. If its a Maxxsonics amp, it's not for me. Maxxsonics has ruined the

names of some of the best car audio companies.

But yet you're happy about that. Stop spending money on bargain bin amps

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived