Sundown Audio

Changing my amps?

Ninja1990

MaxxSonics are bargain bin amps, even having trouble seeing all of the good in the better, Mt. Olympus series amps. Maxxsonics DID kill MBQuart, leaving them with one decent amp IMO, the Discus. I want to steer clear of that company all together for my next amp, just trying to find some used AQ, SQB, DD, Crescendo, Sundown or some other type of strapped 1200.1's. Was going to try out the Hifonics Colossus 2.5k @ohms but you know, it's MaxxSonics :/

Head Unit - Clarion VX709 7" DVD Touchscreen

Mid/Highs - Front Doors - RF Prime 6.5" component mids.

A. Pillars - RF Punch component tweets.
B. Pillars - RF Prime component tweets.
Rear Doors - RF Punch 5.25" mids.
RF Punch 3-way passive X-overs.
Mid/Highs Amp - MB Quart Onyx 360.4, 4 channel, 640W RMS.
Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Sub Amp - Audiopipe GD6001 @.5ohm, clamped 2825RMS.
Box - 9.6 cu^3 net @35Hz, three 6" aero's.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

I doubt a pair of p3's will take a true 2500 amp, imo get the sundown sae1200 for $200 from dbr.

I don't think a set of P3's will take anywhere close to 1250RMS ea. That's over double the rated power and they're not Sundowns or DC's, that take double the RMS lol. Where can you get the SAE1200.1 for $200???? Them were the one of the amps I wanted to strap two of for my 15's.... Need 2.5k @ 2ohms for as cheap as possible!

Head Unit - Clarion VX709 7" DVD Touchscreen

Mid/Highs - Front Doors - RF Prime 6.5" component mids.

A. Pillars - RF Punch component tweets.
B. Pillars - RF Prime component tweets.
Rear Doors - RF Punch 5.25" mids.
RF Punch 3-way passive X-overs.
Mid/Highs Amp - MB Quart Onyx 360.4, 4 channel, 640W RMS.
Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Sub Amp - Audiopipe GD6001 @.5ohm, clamped 2825RMS.
Box - 9.6 cu^3 net @35Hz, three 6" aero's.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

MaxxSonics are bargain bin amps, even having trouble seeing all of the good in the better, Mt. Olympus series amps. Maxxsonics DID kill MBQuart, leaving them with one decent amp IMO, the Discus. I want to steer clear of that company all together for my next amp, just trying to find some used AQ, SQB, DD, Crescendo, Sundown or some other type of strapped 1200.1's. Was going to try out the Hifonics Colossus 2.5k @ohms but you know, it's MaxxSonics :/

MaxxSonics buys out failing companies, they snagged up a dieing company. MBQuart killed them selves off.

He's making fun of Hifonics, cause it's considered the budget brand that can't do rated power despite being CEA compliant. My BE1700.1 exceeds rated in dynamic RMS, so I don't really mind them that much. I'm sure my next two amplifiers will be the Hifonics Atlas and Jupiter amplifiers when I scrounge up the cash.

But yet you're happy about that. Stop spending money on bargain bin amps

Yes, I am happy my amplifier does rated RMS while I'm playing my music. Why wouldn't I be? According to the SMD dyno, I get very close to 1800w @ 1OHM on 14.4v.

And yet you still don't understand the testing

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I guess you're calling Steve out for saying it does rated in that video and he goes on to emphasize that dynamic RMS is a better way to gauge what you will get while playing music, rather than one frequency?

No I'm calling it like I see it. Cling to what you need to justify that junk.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived