Need help with the front stage

SQL50

Im really looking to step up my front stage. I have a 95 jeep cherokee xj. Hu is a Kenwood x-497, I want to run rockford punch series. Currently i have 5.25 coaxials in the factory locations, btw have nvx sound deadening around them. They do great until higher volumes, oscoped not clipping, and the sound is clustered. So I'm looking to seperate it with the component set. I also want to add punch pro midbass to the custom kicks. I have three questions. Will the midrange and mid bass overpower the tweeters? If it does will punch pro tweeters compensate for it? And where should the tweeters be placed for the best results? Thanks in advance.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'D start off with changing the two-ways for splits.... mount the midbass drivers were the two-ways are now, then have the crossover hidden under the dash on both sides and wire up the tweeters to them and have a play with some positions, see what works best for you in your car

The mid bass wont fit in the doors unless I did some modifications. Unless you was talking about the 5.25 mid range speaker from the component set going there. On the mid bass they have 6 1/2s, 8s, and if I'm not mistaken they make 10s. What would be an ideal mid bass speaker out of the given sizes to play with 5.25 mid ranges?

How much fabrication are you willing to do? Sounds like you are wanting to run a 3way front stage. The tweets should be just fine keeping up with the other 2 speakers, you shouldn't have to use the pro tweets unless you just want too.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

On the fabrication i have two choices. There's pre made kick panels I can buy that hold 6 1/2s and up to a 2 in tweeter. So that would limit me to a 6 1/2 mid bass driver and tweets in the kicks, or mounting the tweets elsewhere and having a two inch hole in my kicks without a tweeter or with a pro tweet in it or the other way around. The other option is custom fiberglassing and I could possibly craft it to hold a larger mid bass driver. So at this point I don't know how I need to go about doing it. I've never done fiberglass work before.

I only have one other concern. I need a compatible Rockford punch amp to power them. I don't know if I should just leave my component set on the hu power or if I should run an amp to all the mids & highs. The component set has a concealed crossover. I can get a Rockford crossover for the mid bass. But guys, it's over my head which amp is compatible and how I need to wire it up and run it. Any help on that is greatly appreciated.

The components maybe but the 2 ways? I'm not bashing on them but as far as rock music goes it needs to be separated.. hiphop? It doesn't matter, amplify them to keep up with the bass and your good.. I'm looking for the ultimate balance up front since the rear doesn't really matter, I have p5.25s back there.. I'm looking for the sq install. But I really appreciate the feedback.. but the punch of the mid bass upfront, the beautifully separated mids and highs.. that's what I want.

Archived