Sundown Audio

Sundown SCV-4000D Amp Dyno Test

I am diggin this! Damn, this throws a new amp into the mix for my new sub, sweet numbers! Thanks for the vid!

Soo if you are in need a camera man.. Let me know I got my resume waiting.. Otherwise new amps look great..

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Soo if you are in need a camera man.. Let me know I got my resume waiting.. Otherwise new amps look great..

Haha :) Yah I just used my cell phone as we had just gotten the thing up and running and wanted to make a video quickly.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Nice.

id still like to see numbers IN THE 12v range.

I understand. Your alt charging , this and that. But a 12v amp, id love to see those numbers at are CLOSE to battery rest.

Say, when your alt give out a bit, and your running on reserve. Like I would think a 12v rated amp would be designed for?

Maybe im high,...

Maybe im asking to much...... :shrug:

Numbers are sick, for sure. And i was a click away from getting 4 of these 3ks, so i dont mean to talk any turds.

That said, i was hoping for rated, in the 12v range. Is that odd of me?

(like.. why use 14v bats???????)

To show the alternator level? well what about those that run 12v, and dip into battery?

Thats what made me boner about these....... ya know?

EDIT- most of your scores are even over 14v or around that. A lot dont even charge into 14v.

again, im just asking, and or stating.

I still wonder if i should have bought 4 of these over the ones i did

Edited by KyLar96
  • Like (+1 Rep) 2

Shit... 8k at .5

.5 resistive ... So like .175 nominal lol, impressive amps nonetheless

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Shit... 8k at .5

.5 resistive ... So like .175 nominal lol, impressive amps nonetheless

the lower you wire, the less box rise you have.

for example, at a certain frequency you might rise from 4 ohms to 6 ohms. if you now wire down to 1 ohm, you are not going to rise to 3 ohms.

Wired at 1 ohm on my subs, i had MANY frequencies in the 1.3-1.5 ohm range

I'm sure wiring to 0.35 could yield a 0.5 load after rise.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Nice amp for sure.

I just have a quick question.

What exactly is the dynamic test?

I mean it seems a little odd.

It seems to me like a possible 1 sec number, when lightning strikes, like a max rating.

Nothing against the amp. Nothing against the test either. Im sure the test is accurate and has its validity, but I cant see where that applies for most of us. Its like an in kick SPL score for us window guys. The score is still valid in its own right, but its not really meaningful to our standard of scoring.

If that makes any sense.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Nice amp for sure.

I just have a quick question.

What exactly is the dynamic test?

I mean it seems a little odd.

It seems to me like a possible 1 sec number, when lightning strikes, like a max rating.

Nothing against the amp. Nothing against the test either. Im sure the test is accurate and has its validity, but I cant see where that applies for most of us. Its like an in kick SPL score for us window guys. The score is still valid in its own right, but its not really meaningful to our standard of scoring.

If that makes any sense.

I wish people would do more AMM-1 testing. I have put out a lot of amps numbers using an AMM-1 so you know what you're actually seeing in a real world scenario.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.