Sonic Electronix

96 tacoma single fi SSD 10 d2 blasting 145.6 db's

Pushin at 1ohm (.7) according to fi... Mtx RFL 1200d... 160amp alt, xs power 1200d batt, knu konceptz 1/0 cca power ground big 3, 1.55qu ported 45hz, knu konceptz 10 gauge speaker wire, alpine 6.5's all the way around r's up front s's in the back alpine 445u in the dash w/ pioneer avh-x4600bt double din DVD

Ok so now that ya know what I'm running let me get to the questions.

Does someone manufacture temp sensors and displays I can mount to my sub and amp? Assuming well knowing my amp tests over the rated 1200rms certified guessing 1500-1600 rms music simulated...

After 45 min bumping strong and hard I can reach back pause music and feel the heat in my cone... So what's safe operating temperatures? Amp doesn't get hot might get 90-100 degrees but they'd just an estimate...

I took it to one show to see what she hits and scored a 145.6 musical playing e-40 episode. Is it possible to break 150db's?

Plans for upgrading box.. Ideas? Suggestions? Thinking Dave the box guy octoport with interchangeable ports? Any one know the cabin fz for a tacoma xtra cab and how much of a difference can I see on the meter from going murdermat crazy in the cab?

Thanks

So you must be running dual 1 ohm subs eh... I was thinking of selling and redoing my gmc and putting 2 SSD 1ohm subs in there and running them on my orion 2200.d at 1ohm.. How is yours set up?

Sounds like your clipping. I'll bet running that amp at .7 isn't helping the situation either. You're overdriving something, weather its the amp or the sub.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

The chances of you reaching 150 dB with that sub on such a low amount of power are highly unlikely. Some of the loudest vehicles in the world are not putting up a 150 off 1K watts.

Let me ask though where was the mic placed, do you know what brand the meter was, and was your car sealed or windows down or door open?

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Kick panel... Idk what mic and windows down... .... I believe a guy hit 168.9 db with a single dd audio 10? I know it was in an extreme car but that's insane... I think 150 is a realistic goal considering I have 0 dynamat or any brand sound Mat anywhere in my truck. It's a small space to fill with sound... And it's not even in a custom box.. And it's currently got two side sliding window in the back... As long as I figure out the proper set up...

Idk if it's clipping and overworking the amp wouldn't the amp get hot as well?

Deck settings are like so... Sub +4 at 50hz . Bass boost +1... Eq 40hz -5 80hz -5

Amp settings... Gain is set slightly off none... Might be 20-30 deg cause deck is 4v pre out

Almost no bass boost on the amp either... I used my dd1 to set the amp it shouldn't be clipping because when I set it vol level on the deck was 33-34 and I'm hit that score at vol 29... The only time the sub gets warm is from high volume and heavy heavy bass songs for an extended period of time... Amp has never gotten hot

In the kick may be possible to reach a 150, but on the dash is a different story. I could see the 150 in the the kick but it would take a bit more power.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Archived