Second Skin Audio

Info on trunk box?

evermaxx

Some people need to stop trying help without the knowledge or experience to properly do so.

Evermaxx, 50cal will point you in the right direction. If you have the time, go through my old trunk builds. I have one with the box right t the back seats, and one with the box pushed back. The latter has a collar/tunnel from the box to the seat opening, with sealing panels built around that. Ill search for pics after I get back from the gas station.

awesome man! yeah, i was going thru a couple. Just trying to see what works best.

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

FOr this one, I used cardboard to get the right size template for the gaps then transferred that to 1/2 mdf. The panel actually gets sandwiched between the box and the frame of the seat opening. It stays very tight when the box was bolted into place.

DSC00403.jpg

DSC00404.jpg

DSC00405.jpg

DSC00519.jpg

DSC00520.jpg

DSC00523.jpg

DSC00524.jpg

DSC00530.jpg

DSC00532.jpg

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

I found the pics with the single Mayhem, box pushed back with the collar, sealed off. Wasn't pretty, didn't have a chance to clean it up before a gear change.

IMAG0438.jpg

IMAG0439.jpg

Create the collar piece to fit tightly around the front edge of the box, and cut it to length right at the seat opening.

IMAG0450.jpg

Then cut trim panels, use cardboard first, then transfer to mdf. (Gorilla tape to hold in place LOL)

DSC01029.jpg

IMAG0573.jpg

IMAG0572.jpg

IMAG0557.jpg

IMAG0574.jpg

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Pushed back for sure. I would have liked to see that one finished. If you notice I moved the sub, too. It was better in the first location, closer to the port.

Don't forget to remove the rear deck cover and maybe some interior trim to seal up all the little openings to the trunk. I just covered them all with deadener.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Spare tire well is a big spot to make sure you seal off well. Could almost garuntee I can break a 147 clamping less than 1kw if I could seal my spare tire well...it's too far up though...reason the trunk latch is broke as well.

Definitely go look at ken's build log(s). DubNdodge has a really good trunk seal off job too that is pretty simple. Wick's....yeah enough said there it's mad.

On a side note....all of Ken's old trunk builds :( the DC 10's looked so beautiful. The mayhem's on the 7500 were such a fucking hoss. Too bad mustangs suck for meters. One of those loud as tits to the ear cars, sucks I probably won't ever get to hear a build from that car.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Spare tire well is a big spot to make sure you seal off well. Could almost garuntee I can break a 147 clamping less than 1kw if I could seal my spare tire well...it's too far up though...reason the trunk latch is broke as well.

Definitely go look at ken's build log(s). DubNdodge has a really good trunk seal off job too that is pretty simple. Wick's....yeah enough said there it's mad.

On a side note....all of Ken's old trunk builds :( the DC 10's looked so beautiful. The mayhem's on the 7500 were such a fucking hoss. Too bad mustangs suck for meters. One of those loud as tits to the ear cars, sucks I probably won't ever get to hear a build from that car.

Damn, thanks for the compliments man. They are few and far between lately. I got a 2 12 v2 in the works, you just gotta get your ass to Cali LOL.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived