Second Skin Audio

considering adding another sub

noobslayer77

hey, my friend is getting rid of his 13w7. its already in a sealed box, he's selling the whole shibang for 500. I'm thinking about pickin it up, running my current hd1200 to it, and grabbing a cresendo 2000 or 3500 to run my other 2 w7s. 2 i have now are in a ported box. Anyone ever run 2 ported and 1 sealed? and what would be more adequate for the 2 ported a 2000 or a 3500? I haven't figured out what my box rise is, and not sure how to, but i gotta say runnin 600 watts to each (what i have right now) they sound really good, so i'm not sure i'll need a full 10-1500 from the cresendo 3500 wired between 1.5-2ish ohms (after rise).

Thanks

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

Make a nice new enclosure. Not good going sealed on one and ported on other.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

damn... that's a bummer. They are separate enclosures. I figured the sealed would give some good high end response, and the ported would move some nice air and give me a lot of low end... fuck it i guess

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

the issue is i don't have room for 3 ported with the correct air space. I'm already on the low end of the spectrum with 2.5 cubes for each driver. while they sound great and hit hard, i've been told i'd benefit from going around 3 cubes for each. would I see more of a gain using 3 sealed vs 2 ported? i simply don't have room for 6 cubes and the appropriate port without losing my back seats, which i need.

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

hmmm. probably not gonna do that. I dont have the deepest pockets. I was just curious about adding an extra woofer without building a new box. but thanks for the input. I guess the final decision is to not do it, and stick with what i have. I still have room to double my power, so i guess that'll be the next step once i get my charger for christmas and a 1/0 crimper. On a side note. How do you test for box rise? hook a dmm up to amp outputs and run a sine sweep?

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

hmmm. probably not gonna do that. I dont have the deepest pockets. I was just curious about adding an extra woofer without building a new box. but thanks for the input. I guess the final decision is to not do it, and stick with what i have. I still have room to double my power, so i guess that'll be the next step once i get my charger for christmas and a 1/0 crimper. On a side note. How do you test for box rise? hook a dmm up to amp outputs and run a sine sweep?

first what vehicle is this setup in?

second make a different thread about"box rise"

Archived