New HO Alternator belt, special order or pep boys auto zone doable?

Generally speaking they should have it. Just be sure to go in armed with the actual length you need. Advanced Auto has always had whatever size I need for 2 alts or less.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

I used the auto zone website when I was trying to figure out what belt I needed by searching for the factory belt part number and then changed the part number to find a similar belt just shorter. My factory is a 315k4 so i searched for 310k4 and so on until i found that the 305k4 was the shorter belt i needed since the website gives all the specs on them.

Go to nappa they r more intelligent then most of the people that work at auto zone. Have them lookup your stock one then have them pull it and then tell them you want it half an inch shorter.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Just make sure you buy a gates belt cheaping out is not something you want to do with the belt.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Dayco also makes a good belt. Gates isn't the only company, though there's is pretty damn bulletproof. If Dayco can be found and is cheaper, you can go with their belt. It's a good one I assure you. They've been around about 100 years

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Dayco also makes a good belt. Gates isn't the only company, though there's is pretty damn bulletproof. If Dayco can be found and is cheaper, you can go with their belt. It's a good one I assure you. They've been around about 100 years

Dayco belts are shit so are dayco tensioners.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived