Hope this is not a repeat question about fiberglassing

How do you keep the fiberglass mat to stick to the plastic of the car door? It keeps pulling up i shot silicon adhesive under it to see if that works but.... bahhh... done for the day need to figure some thing out for tomorrow

My first time glassing and i butchered my doors, So if i need to start over or change things up think i might need 2 a new doors.. or try to pull it all up i don't know.

Do you have pics? Are you trying to make pods or a full panel?

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

I sanded my panel down a good amount to rough up the texture, then I drilled a shitload of small holes all over the panel.

When I wrapped it and added resin. Once the resin absorbs and seaps through the fleece hopefully it will bond well to the door...

Just how I did it, I'm sure everyone has different methods. Trying to get the pictures but apparently photobucket is down.

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

lay the resin on the piece and on the mat separately then take the mat and place on the piece, dab it with your brush or use a roller...you have any pics?

i put resin on the door then i put in on the mat layed it down then tapped it and added more resin

Damn son!!! I kid I kid....you got it, just lay some more mat in there, sand it, bondo it and you should be good...jus dab the pieces in there with brush

lol i know my first time i think i should of tried to make pods then screwed it to the plastic .. if this fails i might tear it apart and try that lol..

only have a quart of sunflash though lol

Archived