Project Lucii 2004 Suburban 4 10s, 4500w, 7 seats, daily'ed

Planned projects:

-Amp rack will be built after the system is playing, going to do clear amp panels on both BC2000d's. (IN PROGRESS 70% 10/12/15)

-A new alt is being decided upon, may be on hold for now, but a purple/white singer hairpin is on my wishlist.

-Tablet in the dash, throwing around the idea of a surface pro 4 for full windows 10 integration.

-Front stage being planned, Front two glassed pods/a-pillers, (4) 6.5s (4) tweets will be a decent start, this portion will be slow.

-More chrome removal. Bumpers, grille, trim, and lights are pretty much all thats left.

-Black wheels, eventually a set of BIG white spoke "Dub Ballers" which are my favorite wheel of all time, but anything black would be nice for now.

Hello SMD forum guys, This is my first post but I wanted to start a build log of this truck before I get too far into it. So first of all, Im Jackson, 18, from Alberta Canada and ive been an automotive enthusiast in general since i can even remember. everything from mud racing, to imports, and american muscle/classics. I have a 1992 e36 BMW 325i named Stella, with a small system, 1 10" type r on 1000w (stays light and compact, because, BMW.) but my new project is my 2004 Black suburban, ive also had a murdered out and modified 2nd gen dodge 318ci/5speed, and a newer dodge quad cab, but ive wanted a big SUV to play around with for a while now, Now that i have finally got one im planning a fairly decent setup, my final goal is to end up with 2 DC XL 15s on 5K in a 7.5ft^3 box tuned at 28hz. However given that im going back to school next year and am not making $40/hr its going to be eventual and slow, but well planned out, ill explain later. anyway ive been scrolling these forums for a long time now, started watching Steve's videos long before it was Meade cherry red, and started reading forums from there. just never really had anything comparable or competitive to some of the systems on here, or anything worth posting for that matter, other then maybe a sub box I built for my buddy a month or so ago, which turned out pretty darn good for my first real box build. if your interested LINK to build log pics (sorry its on FB). since I started my addiction to modifying and building things I have probably had around 5 systems, you know typical systems a student with a part time job has, kickers and what not. now that im graduated, not working three jobs, and have some money to spend on a system, I figure why not join up and keep a record of my progress as I go. But just a warning, this is my first bigger build, Im going to need help, and somethings may be just dumb questions but like i said, first big build.

enough yapping,THIS is Lucii...

20141008_215145_LLS_zpstybjxrj3.jpg

20141022_174745_zpsxnxini94.jpg

As you can see, she is being murdered out, I miss my old dodge and murdered out trucks are just my thing, ive had her a month now, tinted the tail lights, debadged, and painted the front grill/grill inserts to start off with, bumpers are going to happen soon, and wheels... yeah ill get around to it sometime when funds allow, keeping the aggressive wheels/tires though because this tows and is my everyday truck as well. plastidip may be the quick fix for now.

Lucii is my ski vehicle, it hauls 4-6 people to the mountains a couple times a month but it needs beat because, how am i supposed to get pumped up at 90 some odd DB stock haha, so i need to be able to leave the 3rd row in, limiting my space majorly, so im planning (4) alpine Type R 10s D4ohm (only because I already have one and found 3 more identical woofers for cheap), i need help with the amp though, i dont want to run them on my 1000/d (for very long anyway) because they can take 1000w rms alone, 250w each is weak sauce, but it may have to suffice until another amp becomes available. but im looking at maybe a BC5500D @ 2ohm making 2800w which could also serve 5500w to 2 DC XLs down the road, Im still on a budget so I realize that its not a massive system. Im doing this because its fun, I enjoy building this stuff, and I have to stay busy somehow.

so with that said, ive been playing around with box designs in sketchup, and I think i have finally settled on one:

output_zps97tvtttj.jpg

BOX CALC specs:

IMG_20141029_002713_zpsvy9zrty6.jpg

Any changes I should make? this allows me to keep the third row in, below the window line, and full width. would sit right against the back of it, end a few inches before the hatch, and is tuned good and low, keep in mind i would be doing small 45s in the corners so tuning will raise a small amount, im expecting 29.5hz ish all said and done. opinions? advice? and if you made it through all my jabber, props, I have a tendency to rant haha. I also have some major wiring questions, but im trying to tackle one micro project at a time.

-If its loud, fast, outrageous, or all of the above, chances are i'll think its awesome.

-"No way he's OCD." -said none of the people that know me ever.

04' Suburban "Lucifer" A.K.A #Lucii (Under Construction)

4 10s on 4kW in 6cu net @~28hz

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

92' JDM 325i "Stella" ~Going for sale to build a 350+hp E30~

Gutted pipes

96,000 OG KM's (59,000 mi)

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

89' Gen 3 Honda Prelude SI AWS "Odis"

Bone Stock

Possibly going to stance it

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Port area too small...bring her up to at 14-15

Also I had 4 10 type rs in my Tahoe doing 143db I think.... They like 35-41hz tuning... I tuned to 32hz once and once and lost a lot of output. I say try tuning a bit higher. I was never able to get decent output below 32hz out of them. Maybe it was just me though

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

So should I increase port width and leave it the same length then? Or would it be better to simply shorten the port a few inches to increase tuning, my problem is space for the woofers, unless I put two on the top and two facing the hatch. As for the bd2000d, that actually might be a winning combo.

-If its loud, fast, outrageous, or all of the above, chances are i'll think its awesome.

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

Gutted pipes

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

Bone Stock

Okay so i've been playing with the design tonight (Thank you guys for the tuning advice!) and heres what i have come up with; its slightly taller because it was cutting it close on volume, its now 6 cubes even, 14.5 port area, and tuned to 30.24hz. I know its lower then recommended but it might just have to do for now. also picked up MDF today (it pays to work at a hardware store), will try to get it cut and mocked up tomorrow night.

download_zps1b184d7f.jpg

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

Gutted pipes

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

Bone Stock

only have had an hour or so a day to work on it lately, so progress is slow, but its all mocked up now anyway.

20141101_212556_zpskxtpba5y.jpg

20141101_212638_zpsphxqhxfo.jpg

20141101_212708_zpsjmwhffu2.jpg

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

Gutted pipes

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

Bone Stock

• 2 weeks later...

Slow on the updates... but its coming together.

20141110_183404_zps8afwewx1.jpg

20141110_191453_zpsp2efn4vn.jpg

20141110_191649_zpsxhkpz7f1.jpg

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

Gutted pipes

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

Bone Stock

• 2 weeks later...

Edit.

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

Gutted pipes

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW

Bone Stock

• 2 months later...

In need of a bunch of coats of high gloss clear coat tomorrow but you get the idea. Purple LEDs in the port.

20150130_022036_zps2dbk2rtp.jpg

20150130_193300_zpsbmfxrdoz.jpg

/////Alpine

Crescendo

KnuKoncepts

Optima

SHCA

Build Thread

Gutted pipes

-System Removed-

1 10 on 1kW