HU with many preamp outs, or other solutions?

dscid

What is the standard for an SQ setup with dedicated midbass and an 8 channel DSP?

My HU has terrible EQ options, but 6 preamp outs at 4v, with 2 of those being Sub outs.

I want to run 5.25" in kicks, tweeters up near windows, and 6x8" in stock Mustang location, 1 12" in trunk.

This puts me at 7 speakers that I want individually EQ'd/delayed as directed in great detail here:

http://www.cruzetalk.com/forum/36-audio-electronics/11204-sq-car-audio-thread-v2.html

If you haven't seen it, it's a very thorough read. Do people usually just run into an RCA splitter in this situation? I want to discard the components' xovers, and run everything on it's own amplifier channel.

The DSP will push up the loss in voltage from splitting the preamp outs right? So, seems like the way to go? Or, am I completely off base?

What is it that you're expecting out of this system and do you have a budget in mind? When I think sq I don't think 6×8's

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

You can use all the outputs of a 360.3 with a single set of inputs. Whether you use a single set, or all of the outputs from your head unit is up to you. That is one of the setup choices.

You'd be better off with a tweet where you want it, the 5 1/4" in the factory 6x8" hole, and a 6.5" in the kick.

Thanks for all the responses. I was wanting to work with what I already had for speaker configuration. I know that 6x8 aren't the best option, and that I could make speaker rings for different speaker options.

Here on page 36 you can see the back of the HU. It has Front L/R, Rear L/R, and 2 Sub outs.

http://vault.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/CDA-9885%20OM.PDF

Budget is undetermined. I was looking into getting two Mini DSPs for bang for the buck, or hold out for an Arc Audio PS8 in the future. The 80PRS HU looks good, but it also looks completely unnecessary if I got an active setup with DSP, right?

Do all the DSP allow you to split one input to any output channel? Or is that specific to the 360.3? I didn't want to go with the 360.3 due to the amount of troubleshooting I've seen people talk about in forums. Scared me away from it.

So, what do you think my best option is? I'd say budget is anywhere from 200-800. I really just want time alignment, and a high level of EQ ability for each channel, so I can get the most out of the speaker system, for my car.

Archived