Sundown Audio

Sundown has the best Customer Service hands down. Couldn't be more pleased.

So my small story starts with the ordering of an X12 speaker. I ordered it through SSAaudio.com and they also have outstanding c/s. Anyways I placed my order on August 10th and right after the speaker was shipped out I found an excellent Saz 2000d for the great price of $350 shipped. I then wanted to go for the Zv4. I got in contact with Aaron from SSA and he said I could re route the X12 back to them and they'd invoice me the difference, which I did and it went smoothly.

Fast forward a month and I have my precious Zv4 12 and I must say it is one badass looking speaker. I had everything ready for it and popped it in my truck and wow I was impressed, coming from two alpine type rs in a prefab I knew I'd see a big difference but oh boy I was in love. Two days later I found 3 or 4 spots where the surround was separating from the frame/basket. I posted on here and Jacob replied within 30 minutes and told me a call tag would be sent and I would be sent a replacement once my speaker got back to NC. I live in western Canada so I drive down to WA to pick everything up. Shit happens I know that so I told them to send it to my WA address and I'd go down and pick it up. It's a 5 hour round trip and costs me $70 bucks in gas, but like I said shit happens and that was no issue.

Fast forward another two weeks and I get my replacement Zv4 12 (it is now Thursday October 24th), super excited to get the bass going. I open the box and instantly inspect the surround and it was missing glue again but this time a whole strip about 8 inches in circumference along with two other spots. I emailed them right away and got a response from Brandon who apologized and said everything would be made right.

Brandon informed me he was staying late that night (Thursday Oct 24th) and building me a new one and it would be shipped out the next day. He also sent a call tag for the Zv4 I had. Sure enough the speaker was shipped out Friday morning at 7am.

Fast forward 7 DAYS LATER (today) and I have my Zv4 12 which is glued perfectly and has no issues. I also got a lanyard, T shirt, and beer koozie.

Although this was a lengthy process it was flawless and smooth. Considering I live over 3000 miles away from their shop in NC I couldn't be more pleased with the shipping times and build times.

***For those wondering I was informed that the glue was drying too quick for one of the builders and that is why it was missing glue, the issue has been fixed.***

A special thanks goes out to Jacob, Brandon, and Bryan for providing me with excellent service and communication throughout the process.

1DmftKf.jpg

Edited by Syphlyn
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

Syphlyns 2000 F150 4.6L V8

H/U: Kendwood KDC-X898

Speakers: 4 x Alpine SPR-68 Speakers

4 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-F4

Sub: Sundown Zv4 12

Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-2000D

Box: 2.75 Cu Ft @ 31Hz

Alternator: Mechman 250A elite series

Wiring: All KnuKoncepz 0 gauge OFC + KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs

Beautiful sub man and good job for not being a push over and just accepting a fucked sub

Yeah I got shit on by a fair of amount people telling me to go buy goop and glue it. That might be the solution for some but it's not for me. Honestly I know of a lot of companies that would have told me that's it's not covered under warranty and would tell me to glue it.

I'll say it again I'm a Sundown fanboy now for sure. When/if my 2000d dies I'm buying a svc 2000d.

Edited by Syphlyn

^^^ That's the way it should be told! It seems like there are endless posts on here lately about how crappy a product is even when the company tries their best to fix the issue. I'm glad you are happy with Sundown and are posting a positive instead of jumping on the forums and flaming them.

At least you didnt put them on blast before they have time to fix the situation like some people do. :good:

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

At least you didnt put them on blast before they have time to fix the situation like some people do. :good:

I was frustrated with the first one and posted on here but I tried to stay calm. Shit happens and I understand that.

Edited by Syphlyn

Customer service is always nice, but it looks like Sundown needs to work on their quality control team, so their customers don't have to jump through hoops to get what they paid for.

I've talked to multiple people who got Zv4 12s while my whole issue was going down. They never had any issues. I have terrible luck.

sometimes shit happens. its nice that a company takes their cs serious.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

This is one of the reasons I'm switching back.. But nice.. Im glad they took care of you.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread