first let me start by saying I don't have air bags nor have I installed any.

I have a guy that I'm building a center console control center with an enclosure. he has a '02 F150 with air suspension. he said he's been going through relays like a box of Tic Tac's. he currently has 60amp relays for his compressor. I re-did all the wiring with Kicker 4 gauge. he called me yesterday and said one of the relays is not switching on. he told me to install another relay. I don't have a problem doing that but I'm beginning to wonder if the relay needs to allow more current like maybe 100 amps or is there something else I need to look into for what could be killing the relays he's been using. if a 100 amp relay is the solution, where can I get a quality relay?

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

I have Stinger 200 amp relay going to mine, they make an 80 amp one which would probably do.

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

he's got 2 compressor, both located in the bed of the truck. the battery was already re-located to the rear but with cheap 4 gauge. I re did it with some 0 gauge and made a new ground to the trucks frame both at the battery and under the hood. i looked on the compressors and there are not specs of current draw. i like the Stinger one that was linked. I'd like to use 2 of those in place of 2 relays that are currently back there or am I better off getting one larger relay?

Most Viairs come with a 40 amp relay per compressor, and list max draw at 44 FWIW. Don't know brand that is being used here.

Ford starter solenoid (4 post) or snow plow solenoid will work as well, should be 100+ amp, cheap, and readily available at parts stores.

Static drops are my bag.

thanks for the help guys, i'm going to give it a shot with 2 of those Stinger 80a relays.

Archived