Sundown Audio

Banda ICE 2.5k, 2ohm?

AstoSoup

I've ran the Bc2k and currently running the 3,5k at .5... No complaints at all.

Bc2k?

Head Unit - Clarion VX709 7" DVD Touchscreen

Mid/Highs - Front Doors - RF Prime 6.5" component mids.

A. Pillars - RF Punch component tweets.
B. Pillars - RF Prime component tweets.
Rear Doors - RF Punch 5.25" mids.
RF Punch 3-way passive X-overs.
Mid/Highs Amp - MB Quart Onyx 360.4, 4 channel, 640W RMS.
Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Sub Amp - Audiopipe GD6001 @.5ohm, clamped 2825RMS.
Box - 9.6 cu^3 net @35Hz, three 6" aero's.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking at the Lanzar OPTI2000D too. It's .5 stable and the right power, what's everyones take on these? Thought of strapping two SQD 1200's but the price was fluctuating a ton on them.

Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

Bc2k?
crescendo 2k. I'm gonna have two of their proto 12ks in navid ever makes up his mind.

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

Bc2k?
crescendo 2k. I'm gonna have two of their proto 12ks in navid ever makes up his mind.

Must be nice, lol. Their proto amps are amazing, as are all of the amps I have seen by them. Whats the price tag on the 10ks?

If you've got the money ready, i'd wait out for a nice deal on a used Alpine MRX-M240 off eBay.

I'll have to check that out.... I had an Alpine 400w mono before and loved it, did WAY over rated :)

How do you know this?

If you've got the money ready, i'd wait out for a nice deal on a used Alpine MRX-M240 off eBay.

I'll have to check that out.... I had an Alpine 400w mono before and loved it, did WAY over rated :)

How do you know this?

It pushed an 600W CT Strato pretty much to it's limit.... I know them subs aren't over rated so....

So I was looking into an amp that will give me 2-2.5k clean power @2ohms. My other option is .5ohm but I am trying to steer clear of that, as most amps are not half ohm stable. This will be powering two, PowerBass 3XL 1000w D2 15's, giving me a final load of 2 ohms.

Seen the Banda ICE 2.5k, noticed they made a 2ohm version and thought that was pretty cool. They are $435 brand new, shipped, which didn't seem too bad comparing to other amps that are 2.5k @2ohm. Anyone have any experience with these amps? I noticed the power/ground terminals are 4ga., while my Hifonics are 1/0ga. Does this REALLY make a difference? I mean, I can always get Toolmakers to send me some 1/0 to 4ga. reducers, but do such small inputs mean the amp will not draw as much power? I am open to other amps in that price range but want to be clean this is not a vs. thread, so any input is appreciated, even if you think the Bandas are junk, I want to hear it lol. Thanks!

what are you comparing that too? there are no other amps that put out 2k+@2Ω any where near that price range. just by that alone, i'd bet money that the amp in question doesn't even do near rated.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Archived