Sundown Audio

Amplifier Trouble Shooting Issues

Dominique Jacob Redlin

Obviously I have an inline fuse and I also have my distribution blocks which I would think would help out. I also have a power cap if that means anything. I have 4 gauge wire waiting to be used but due to my terrible south dakota weather and a lack of a garage there's not much I can do to fix any issues at this point. I'm trying to gather information so when I can actually start working on this again what I can do. I have always had 8 ga wire sorry for the confusion. How can I resolve the cancellation issue?

2000 Blazer LS

Head Unit- Pioneer DEH-X6600BT

Speakers- 4 x Pioneer TS-A1685R

Amplifiers- Autotek Mean Machine M4000.1

- Pyramid America 2000 watts

Power Caps- Boss Cap 8.0 Farad

8 Gauge Ground and Power wire

Subwookers- Two 15 inch Earthquake Tremor-X154

- Two 10 inch Boss P106DVC

Obviously I have an inline fuse and I also have my distribution blocks which I would think would help out. I also have a power cap if that means anything. I have 4 gauge wire waiting to be used but due to my terrible south dakota weather and a lack of a garage there's not much I can do to fix any issues at this point. I'm trying to gather information so when I can actually start working on this again what I can do. I have always had 8 ga wire sorry for the confusion. How can I resolve the cancellation issue?

Only use one type of sub and one enclosure.'

Drop the cheap crappy brands too. You'll get more out of a single sa 12 or sa 15 and a 600w - 1000w amp in a custom enclosure.

Syphlyns 2000 F150 4.6L V8

H/U: Kendwood KDC-X898

Speakers: 4 x Alpine SPR-68 Speakers

4 Channel Amp: Alpine PDX-F4

Sub: Sundown Zv4 12

Sub Amp: Sundown SAZ-2000D

Box: 2.75 Cu Ft @ 31Hz

Alternator: Mechman 250A elite series

Wiring: All KnuKoncepz 0 gauge OFC + KnuKonceptz Krystal RCAs

I honestly don't know much about cancellation, I don't think thats your biggest problem anyways.

One of my first systems was 2 amps, one on 2 12's and the other on 3 10's and i didn't experience the issues you're having.

Alot of time cheaping out on equipment will cost you more in the end because you end up buying better stuff anyway

I honestly don't know much about cancellation, I don't think thats your biggest problem anyways.

One of my first systems was 2 amps, one on 2 12's and the other on 3 10's and i didn't experience the issues you're having.

Alot of time cheaping out on equipment will cost you more in the end because you end up buying better stuff anyway

Do you consider Earthquake cheap? I realize that boss is a cheap brand but I looked up the pair of Boss's on sonic. They're cheap but they're wattage/rms levels looked impressive. I'm going to get another Autotek mean machine so I will have two of the same amps running to each sets of subs. They will be tuned differently to get the most out of the subs but what i'm wondering is why I can't just run the distribution blocks hook up the amps and have a power cap and still run into these issues.

2000 Blazer LS

You'll get different opinions on what cheap is. Any amp that doesn't make rated power is cheap to me. Not all amps that say they make 2000 watts actually make 2000 watts. I'm partial to rockford fosgate amplifiers but there are other good brands out there that make the power that they claim.

Any equipment can sound good, ok almost, because 90% of it is in the install.

What are your subs wired down to?

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

I agree, in the future I will be upgrading. Naturally. For now, with the system that I got, when they're running i get a little bit of roof flex and a lot of rattle. So what I got is good, it's nowhere near competition. But it's definitely good, i'm new to all of this complicated sub/amp hook-ups. In the past I've had 2 12 inch duals lmao...

2000 Blazer LS

What are your subs wired down to?

My 15's are wired to 2 ohms and my 10's are 2 ohms

2000 Blazer LS

Can you post a pic of where your ground is?

2003 Tahoe

dc 7.5k

dc level 5 15's (3)

MMats 341's

xs power batts

lots of sky high cable

dual alts(came off the sky-high gmc and don't know who made them)

ipad in center console

vu-din in center console

all being ripped out and being sold

Just because an online retailer sells a crappy product as well as good products doesn't mean the crappy product is any less crappy. It's "good for the money" meaning you get what you pay for, and you gotta pay good to play good. i guarantee you dont have any of your amplifier settings even close to correct since you stated none of it is over 75% (thank you google/yahoo answers), and even if you were to have someone do it all properly for you, those amps are so cheap and inefficient that i'll be surprised if you're getting even half of what they claim to put out.

What size fuses do you have running to these amplifiers? Do you have bare metal grounds? (Deaning the shiny silver stuff, not painted or oxidized/corroded.) I say your issues stem from a lack of quality grounds, starting off. Then it would be your incorrect amplifier settings. Then the $80 amplifiers that are supposed to put out thousands of watts.

Archived