Sundown Audio

Amplifier Trouble Shooting Issues

Dominique Jacob Redlin

Just because an online retailer sells a crappy product as well as good products doesn't mean the crappy product is any less crappy. It's "good for the money" meaning you get what you pay for, and you gotta pay good to play good. i guarantee you dont have any of your amplifier settings even close to correct since you stated none of it is over 75% (thank you google/yahoo answers), and even if you were to have someone do it all properly for you, those amps are so cheap and inefficient that i'll be surprised if you're getting even half of what they claim to put out.

What size fuses do you have running to these amplifiers? Do you have bare metal grounds? (Deaning the shiny silver stuff, not painted or oxidized/corroded.) I say your issues stem from a lack of quality grounds, starting off. Then it would be your incorrect amplifier settings. Then the $80 amplifiers that are supposed to put out thousands of watts.

Can you post a pic of where your ground is?

At the moment I can't take a picture and post, but I can in the future. I drilled a hole into the frame of my emergency roadside kit holder and bolted down my 8 gauge amplifier and it solved that issue. I believe that my issue lies in my RCA's with an interference or the wire itself is bad.

You can be the judge of whether or not it's a good deal or a bad deal- http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_88882_Autotek-Mean-Machine-M4000.1D-Factory-Refurbished.html The only thing is I got a brand new model and not a refurbished model. They recently discontinued the amplifier like a day ago which concerns me. I have two 75 amp fuses inside the 4000 watt amp and then a 100 amp fuse in my inline fuse block.

2000 Blazer LS

Head Unit- Pioneer DEH-X6600BT

Speakers- 4 x Pioneer TS-A1685R

Amplifiers- Autotek Mean Machine M4000.1

- Pyramid America 2000 watts

Power Caps- Boss Cap 8.0 Farad

8 Gauge Ground and Power wire

Subwookers- Two 15 inch Earthquake Tremor-X154

- Two 10 inch Boss P106DVC

dat CAP tho

ran out of room for a second battery install

2000 Blazer LS

I already stated the Amp settings and for my deck settings I will post tomorrow and I'll work on more little trouble shooting things and check my resistance on 15's even though they still hit when bass knob is turned real low.

2000 Blazer LS

subsonic to 20, lpf to 80hz, gain to zero, bass eq to zero or off..... turn bass knob all the way up......... adjust gain from there with volume up on radio. (that should give you something to build from and adjust)

I cant seem to find were you have everything set too

Your going to get a kick outta this one, went to my car. My seats fold down- The location of my power distribution block is located underneath one of my "flaps" covering the underneath of the seat. I didn't think that the RCAs would have to deal with that big of an issue. So, I move the distribution block away from all of the potential metal parts under the seats. I believe the distribution block that I am using is faulty as well. This entire forum has brought a lot of perspective on my system and all of the things that can go wrong if you don't take the time and hook everything up correctly. The fact of the matter is, I did everything right my equipment was faulty. Luckily, I have a spare distribution block that I will be using.

On another note;

subsonic to 20, lpf to 80hz, gain to zero, bass eq to zero or off..... turn bass knob all the way up......... adjust gain from there with volume up on radio. (that should give you something to build from and adjust)

I cant seem to find were you have everything set too

-My deck has two main settings HPF Settings and Sub w ctrl (Sub with control). I have my HPF setting to "200 hz:-12" and my Sub w ctrl to "80 hz +3-12"

The deck has two options for HPF changing the hz and then 12 or 24 option. I honestly just guessed completely with my deck HPF setting.

Sub With Control (I believe) is also known as the LPF you can change the hz and then have a wide control of -6-+6 and then 12 or 24.

Hope that helps. The amplifier settings i never looked at because it's freezing outside, but when I get the chance I will guess what they are because its only adjusted by a flat head screw insert so it's not very specific i.e. exactly 80 hz.

2000 Blazer LS

Sub w control would be subwoofer control.

The 12 and 24 would probably be the slope of your crossover. The higher the number, the steeper the slope. So let's say you have 2 low pass filters, both set to 80. One with a slope of 12 db/octave and the other with 24. The one with a slope of 24 will cut off frequencies above 80 Hz at twice the rate of the other.

Archived