Sonic Electronix

I would like to enhance the audio in my 89 Chevy 1500 Standard Cab. My main focus is to get the most sound out of what I have.

• Kenwood KDC-355u Head Unit
  • Audiopipe 9-Band EQ
  • Plant Audio 1600w 4-Channel Amp
  • (2) Door pods w/ 6.5 mid-range & Super Tweeter wired in parallel
  • (2) Passive Crossovers bought for the door pods
  • (4) 4x6 Coaxial (2-Behind the Bench / 2-Dash)
  • (2) Dome Tweeter (Pillars)

If someone can give some pointers, I would greatly appreciate it.

Honestly you'd be better off by ditching the amp and running it straight out your head unit. I had the same planet amp and nothing but problems. Blown speakers from it random high output and lousy rms power. Constant white noise. Alternator whine. I also had one in my subs.bi think it was the 3000.1. Ditched the 4 way all together and used a cheap Sony amp and it sounded so much better and louder.

Honestly you'd be better off by ditching the amp and running it straight out your head unit. I had the same planet amp and nothing but problems. Blown speakers from it random high output and lousy rms power. Constant white noise. Alternator whine. I also had one in my subs.bi think it was the 3000.1. Ditched the 4 way all together and used a cheap Sony amp and it sounded so much better and louder.

X2 I think u will be much happier with the sound as well Kenwood makes clean power decks

First ... Ditch the rear 4x6 drivers. They are doing you no good in a single cab truck.

Second ... Take out those 4x6 drivers out of your dash and replace them with some nice 4" or 5.25" coaxial drivers.

Some (Pioneer) can be found at Walmart.

Third ... Ditch those dome tweeters on the pillars ...

Now then ... You should have no problems wiring this up to a nice 4 channel amplifier.

... And sound ALOT better.

This is what I did to my 91 Chevy.

Best of luck brother

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Yep, too many mismatched drivers going on there.

Keep it simple, or at least all the same. If it were mine I'd start with two 6.5 in the door and two tweeters in the 4x6 opening on a plate or shaped angled mount. But that's just one option.

Static drops are my bag.

First ... Ditch the rear 4x6 drivers. They are doing you no good in a single cab truck.

Second ... Take out those 4x6 drivers out of your dash and replace them with some nice 4" or 5.25" coaxial drivers.

Some (Pioneer) can be found at Walmart.

Third ... Ditch those dome tweeters on the pillars ...

Now then ... You should have no problems wiring this up to a nice 4 channel amplifier.

... And sound ALOT better.

This is what I did to my 91 Chevy.

Best of luck brother

Hey Randall, trying to learn something here, why ditch the tweets in the pillars?

Op, this guy knows what he's talking about, I'd take his advice.

having tweeters in the pillars is fine, just don't think they will help him with his application ...

now if the op had more amplifier power at his disposal and more intentions for stage and image .................

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived