Sundown Audio

saz 3500 for 13w7s

noobslayer77

hey, So i'm getting ready to get my system to full power as soon as i get my crimper and wire etc for xmas. Instead of spending 1000 dollars on another hd1200, that has a infrasonic filter set at 30 hz, i was considering selling my current 1200 and going with an saz 3500 to power the 2 w7s i have. I have a really flat response from my box down to 30 hz, which is what its tuned at, but the damn filter i think is keeping it from going too much lower. It'll play 20 hz, but not as heavy as I think the setup is capable of. Hoping the extra power from the 3500 and selectable filter set to 25 hz will let me get lower. thoughts? Don't wanna over power them because i've heard they won't take much more than rated. I'm going to set gain with dd1 when it comes for xmas.

Thanks

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

I would sell woofers and amp and just go all sundown. my 2c. but I've never liked w7's except for the cool 13w7 motors on 12spoke 15" baskets or badass ti 10.

x's on that 3500. mmm

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

at some point i will do that. But i got a custom box made for them, which i'd have no use for, and I like the way they sound. I don't feel like going through the hassle of swapping out woofers and getting or trying to build a new enclosure. I'm sticking with the w7s for now. Just curious if the saz3500 is too much for them. I used to run 2 15s but didnt have the appropriate space for them. And it sounded like shit. I'm sure 2 x12s in the right space would probably be as nice or better than the 13w7s and definitely 2 zv4 12s would stomp the w7s. but i am rather happy with the output of the subs for only having 600 watts a piece atm. and it suits my needs. not trying to start a vs thread.

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

authority is a relative term. I'd like to play lower, louder, than i can right now. I can def feel 20-28 hz pretty good, but the nature of the car audio game is always wanting more. lol. Im in the market for a new amp, not new subs...yet

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

hey, So i'm getting ready to get my system to full power as soon as i get my crimper and wire etc for xmas. Instead of spending 1000 dollars on another hd1200, that has a infrasonic filter set at 30 hz, i was considering selling my current 1200 and going with an saz 3500 to power the 2 w7s i have. I have a really flat response from my box down to 30 hz, which is what its tuned at, but the damn filter i think is keeping it from going too much lower. It'll play 20 hz, but not as heavy as I think the setup is capable of. Hoping the extra power from the 3500 and selectable filter set to 25 hz will let me get lower. thoughts? Don't wanna over power them because i've heard they won't take much more than rated. I'm going to set gain with dd1 when it comes for xmas.

Thanks

Thanks

So if you put the high pass at 25 you think youll be able to play 20hz BETTER ?????

EDIT - turn the fucking filter off... fuck..

ill bet you cant play it any better... just saying.

Archived