High power handling Non PA highs

nocturnalrites101

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean like component sets ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Most good quality component sets can work with that much power and work well if installed correctly

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

I do not give brand recommendations.

You have a budget ??

^you have more options than you probably realize. Most decent components can probably take a lot more clean power than rated for. You are going to run into mechanical limits before thermal so if you can install well you won't have too much to worry about.

I have my tantric mids powered with 3x rms and they play like that all day long. Did the same with my prs 200watts to the mid from a component set rated for 50 watts.

Tweets you can burn up a bit easier so you need to be careful there. But again, if you cross your tweeters high enough it will be of less concern as well.

Team NorthWestSPL

^you have more options than you probably realize. Most decent components can probably take a lot more clean power than rated for. You are going to run into mechanical limits before thermal so if you can install well you won't have too much to worry about.

I have my tantric mids powered with 3x rms and they play like that all day long. Did the same with my prs 200watts to the mid from a component set rated for 50 watts.

Tweets you can burn up a bit easier so you need to be careful there. But again, if you cross your tweeters high enough it will be of less concern as well.

wouldnt it also be the limitations of the crossovers?

id also prefer to stay away from focal . i did not like the way they sounded event he krx3s

Archived