Soundstream Harmony

I just wanted to share...my buddy from work told me he had just had a system installed & it sounded like pure ass & asked me if I could take a look at it. He rolls up & without even listening to it, I say, "It sounds like ass because all your stuff...subs, amps, HU & components are made by Pyle, sorry to say but that's straight up junk, God himself couldn't make it sound proper". I did what I could, DD1/CC1'd it, ditched the pre-fabs box...better but still sounded like ass. I suggested he take it back to the shop & exchange/return if possible. He attempts to do so & unsuprisgly they didn't honor the request. Instead he comes back w/ a Soundstream Harmony unit, which they told him would improve the performance of his gear...rolled my eyes & said, ehh...can't get any worse. I'm a firm believer that you can't put whipped cream on shit & call it a sundae. So, I wire it up and to my bewilderment, it sounded 20x's better. I stood in amazent...thinking there's no way this gadget did that to this Pyle of junk. I'm an old school bass head from the 90's & used to be SS biggest fan but vowed to never spend my money on their gear once they took a nose dive (I'm still using old school SS Refs running my mids/highs) but once I got a whiff of what The Harmony did I figured I'd take a chance when I did a budget build on my GF'S car. I did all of the current SS Rubicons & a Harmony to boot, we both have the same Pio HU & same PRV speakers for mids/highs & her car sounds so much crisper than mine. Say what will about SS in a negative light & for the most part, I'd agree but as far as sound processing & The Harmony...they nailed it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used the harmony. I like it. But for some reason I could not get a 40 hz test tone detected on the dd-1 so I told it out. In the end I believe it was my stock head unit not sending a clean enough signal to the soundstream processor. And yes when I tried to dd-1 through the harmony all my settings were flat. And not that this matters put if you look at the soundstream synthesizer dsp and the precision power they look exactly the same and if you look at the software screen shots they look the same just different colors. Same for the harmony, precision power offers one that looks exactly the same even with the same knob just different color software and units. So I believe they are using the same build house or ppi is maybe part of soundstream or vice versa? idk lol.

sig_zps1a8d8f11.jpg

look up the addresses that should tell you all you need to knoe

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Same thing both built my mini dsp there a mini dsp 2x8 I believe assembled in a chassis ready to install

2000 Toyota Camry With Sealed Off Trunk

Sky High OFC Wiring

DC Power 270 XP Alt

AQ 2200 Sub Amp

Two DC Level 4 m2 12s

80 Mil Murdetmat

Gathering Parts For Wall Build.

Team DC Audio 2014 Member

I've ordered a harmony and should hopefully see if it's any good. The idea is perfect as it undercuts any other DSP by some margin. The hardware needed for DSP is cheap and the software should be pretty easy to develop so I think the other devices like Mosconi and RF will hopefully get a hard time for the expensive monopoly they've had up until now.

Daniel Brill-Edwards - Representing English Bassheads!!

Old Build Log - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/94637-vw-golf-mk3-1996-build-from-england/

New build coming soon with SMD V1 #99

YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/brilledwards

Archived