What Causes Clipping ? MP3 Quality

Dragonware

well not all of them are home jobs but one guy is actually singing from prison so the mastering is questionable jamaica. The soca music from trinidad is profesional stuff but You guys are right the rips from youtube could have been altered.

I have turned off my epicenter, will be reconing with PSI amps have been set with a DD1, i cant do anything about my box design so hoping that no more floating leads an good quality sewn leads and tryin to find better music will do it for me.

My Build log :

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170934-dragonmobile-re-audio-2300rms-stealth-build-08-focus/

Current System

2020 Ford F-150 XLT Supercrew

Audio Control Epicenter

Audio Control LC7i

Taramp PRO 2.6 DSP

Taramp DS4x800 - Highs

Taramp HD3000.1  Mids

Taramp MD5000.1 Bass

8 x DS18 6.5 Pro x6m - mids 

2 x Soundsteam SST-05 Bullet Tweeter

2 x DS18 TW220 Super Tweeters

4 X SkarAudio EVL-8  BASS

Big 3 

Yellow Top

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well not all of them are home jobs but one guy is actually singing from prison so the mastering is questionable jamaica. The soca music from trinidad is profesional stuff but You guys are right the rips from youtube could have been altered.

I have turned off my epicenter, will be reconing with PSI amps have been set with a DD1, i cant do anything about my box design so hoping that no more floating leads an good quality sewn leads and tryin to find better music will do it for me.

youtube compresses music like a bad habit from what i hear

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

is there any software I can use to scan my mp3's that will tell me if they have clipping and just delete them and look for new versions ?

My Build log :

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/170934-dragonmobile-re-audio-2300rms-stealth-build-08-focus/

Current System

Audio Control Epicenter

Audio Control LC7i

Taramp PRO 2.6 DSP

Taramp DS4x800 - Highs

Taramp HD3000.1  Mids

Taramp MD5000.1 Bass

Big 3 

Yellow Top

Ok ima call bull shit on this song downloaded from youtube , processed in adobe audition found 2700 possible clipped samples. Same song downloaded from itunes $0.99 have even more posible clipped samples.

My Build log :

Current System

Audio Control Epicenter

Audio Control LC7i

Taramp PRO 2.6 DSP

Taramp DS4x800 - Highs

Taramp HD3000.1  Mids

Taramp MD5000.1 Bass

Big 3 

Yellow Top

I would use Audacity for checking music rather than Adobe.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Same results, and why would you choose a free program over a professionally paid application with way more features...besides the point tho the results was the same.

My Build log :

Current System

Audio Control Epicenter

Audio Control LC7i

Taramp PRO 2.6 DSP

Taramp DS4x800 - Highs

Taramp HD3000.1  Mids

Taramp MD5000.1 Bass

Big 3 

Yellow Top

Because its free and you can use it to re-normalize the track and sometimes remove the clipping.

Also I just dont like Adobe anything, it tends to be full of bloat and the phone-home software built into most of their products tends to open up gaping system security holes.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

Depending on the type of clip you can, hence why I said "re-normalize" and "sometimes".

Hammerdown... 1%

Depending on the type of clip you can, hence why I said "re-normalize" and "sometimes".

By using the normalize function you can NEVER remove clipping.

You'll have to rebuild each soundwave by hand to remove clipping.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived