earthquake Vtek Components. (trash speakers)

couchlockd

well in september i did a daily driver install.

BIG 3 done with 0 guage OFC wire. used 12 Guage ofc knu concepts kord for all speakers.

used good twisted pair 4 channel rca and 2 channel rcas

decent deck, pionner xav2600bt,

the mids and highs, i used the best a shitty brand had to offer, i figured better than the shittiest line of a high end brand. (dont ask me why i settled on that logic, as it never worked out in the past like the dual flip outs, jesus)

they were earthquake vtek 6.5" comps, and earthquake vtek 6x9's

the comps were rated 600 watts and 700 watts respectively.

the amp running them was a brand spanking new rockford fosgate p400x4 with on board clipping indicators and such

i set the amp with the test tones and even backed it off a little more than what was said. like i made sure, it was not on the brink of clipping but never getting to quite clip. i made sure it was safe plus some

last nigh on the way to the store. listening to NIN broken cd, track 1 "gave up" with reznor, manson, the dude from filter. great song. lots of NIN crazness industrial sounding guitar, playing. and then it happened.

i though the song was ending cuzz, it just started to sound like a fade out, but i know this song and i immediately said, something is wrong. felt my component tweeter on my driver side door, and it was hot. HOT i tell ya.

so then i started playing with the fader, the tweets int he left side 6x9 was done also, as well as the on in the door.

i had it at 35 of 40 on the volume setting, when i set the amps they said the head unit clipped at 39 on the subs amps (p1000x1) and it never indicated cliped output on the highs amp. like i could put it to 40 and it said it was not clipping input.

im not second guessing the amps at all, just giving some insight as to i didnt hurt them with whacked out gains, or anything.

and even after i set my amps i still would check the clipping indicators while on music full bore. never even blinked.

so yep the vteks i should have just lestend to my self when i got the earthquakes shipped and i opened them, i loved the huge mag on them, but the cones just looked like some flea market shit. i immediately said, "i dunno about these, i should jsut grab some mid line RF comps, but .....) i didnt want to end up doing what i would have to do now, reinstall a 3rd of my system after 3 months or less.

any one i really dont give a shit if its a vs thread, although not allowed, i want some bullet proof recomendations on lines of comps, and coax speakers.

i was thinking Image dynamics, but i hear they turned to shit as of late.

i hear good things of hertz , is there a line to avoid, or a line thats super value?

what about sundowns comps or them kinda companies.? (ya know the big mag subs companies that damn near all look the same)

10/10 IGN, what does that mean..

basically stay away from EQ, at all costs, i bought EQ shit because of a article i read way back when the magmas first came out, i was in 8th grade, im now 31. so i was impressed with what i read as a child, not so much as an adult.

even the subs, the two dbxi-12's i did they sound okay, ( right now i put the "winter sub" in there, a jl 13.5" w3v3) but with the EQ dbxi's it seemed as if i was in a constant struggle between the volume and the speakers giving off a glue smell.

although they havent went YET, im sure they will, being that they are built by retarded 8 year olds in indochina. lol

so basically im left with wires and amps pretty much, as all comp are coming out, and wy stop there, subs too.

i found a pair of obsidian v1d4's im trading for an eclipse cd8445 deck .

im going to do either focal, boss or pyle for components and bi9's

Sa components from Sundown.

Messo from crescendo

Milli or high energy from Hertz

Those Soundqubed comps arent bad

And you cant really go wrong with Rockford

Also Alpine Type R arent bad for the price.

When you put focal boss and Pyle in the same sentence and say those are your choices you have to stop making your own decisions.

Remove two of those brands and never speak their names again.

When you put focal, used to be and **** in the same sentence and say those are your choices you have to stop making your own decisions.

Remove two of those brands and never speak their names again.

just for language reasons

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Archived