Second Skin Audio

DD 715 Box Design.help to review and improve my design

Hansom Sarwan

Ok so im looking for a change from my current 2 12" sundown SA

im looking at getting a single 15 DD 715 since the Sundown require alot more power

The amp i have is a orion 1200D mono rated 1200rms @ 12.8V

The 715 DD is rated 1200rms/3600watts

MY BOX DESIGN
5cuft after port and subwoofer displacement

80sq inch of port area
port length 18"

i could have done a single 5" slot port however i did 2 2.5" ports on eitther side with the length of the port 18" on both sides

How can i improve this design for better output
i would like to obtain frequency response from 32-55hz so that it can play low tones but yet higher tones in upper 40-50 region

Picture of box design below in link

http://s375.photobucket.com/user/Hansom_Sarwan/media/5cuftddbox15_zps79a8a4c3.png.html?filters[user]=142168107&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

In your design that you made, what did you tune the ports to? 18" with that much port area seems pretty short.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Yeah, I wasn't thinking straight or something. 18" long port will tune a single 80 sq in port to about 34 Hz, which is very reasonable considering what you want to do. If you go with two ports they will need to be a little longer, about 26" to get the same tune.

Typically one large port is most efficient, however you have a pretty healthy amount of port area, so if you want to do two 40 sq in ports you should be fine.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Maybe im missing something, but if your sas witch are more cone area than a single 15, can take more power than than the 1.2k amp you have...

You simply get a bigger amp. You wouldnt imo downgrade on subs. Which requires a new box as well.

Youre spending money on new sub and new box, when ur money is better served getting a 2k amp..

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Archived