Second Skin Audio

How to Seal Off Wall? HELP? 4th Order...Bad Air Leaks to Rear..

BassObsessed192

My suggestion would be finding someone in your area if possible (or even a couple towns over) on here, and pay them to fix it.

(Assuming you don't have the know how or the tools)

If it was an option, I would go back to the guy who built it and ask him politely to fix it. If he doesn't, go back another time...or ask for some of your money back.

If he still doesn't, go back with someone heavy, or go into your local cop shop (if you aren't that kind of guy, or don't know anyone) and file a theft report. You paid for a service, and he didn't complete it. That's same thing as going into his store, paying him for a 40 dollar product, and walking out with 100 dollars in stuff.

If I asked them to fix it the Store Manager will tell me a long-winded "Sorryyy" (as if he isn't at all) and nothing more. Or, he'd saying its gonna cost more to fix it. I'm not sure how its 100% their fault though. I told them to build it and seal it off, but even I didnt know the specifications of what sealing off actually meant then, I do now. Obviously the builder(s) don't know what that means either..

Guys, I never thought it was THAT bad but from what I'm getting from a lot of you is that this is a bigger problem than I thought. I REALLY don't want to scrap this whole thing and start over, that's the last thing I'd want to do. It took them OVER 3 WEEKS to build that wall alone!

Where in Michigan are you from? Im guessing the eastpoint/scs/roseville/warren area?

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

Where in Michigan are you from? Im guessing the eastpoint/scs/roseville/warren area?

Roseville, MI

Really? im up by 13 and Gratiot

Brandon

2000 Furd Ranger supercab 4x4

System:

welding wire throughout the truck

USalts 390amp Hairpin

Juicebox in stock location

8 Banks of maxwell supercaps

2 American Bass Vfl 1100.1 wired to .35 each

2 Fi Audio Sp4 18's ( the DD sc 9918's smoked)

Pioneer radio with Soundstream PA mids Powered by a nice sized soundstream 2 channel

It's pronounced (dain-ja rain-ja) :ph34r:

2001 2 door focus

1 DD9918 SC 

maybe somone in your area can take a look at it and provide advice, can the entire wall/box be removed from the vehicle at this point?? without disassembling?

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

Tons of great guys in the MI area that can help you fix this.

First thing first

Go into that shop and tell them they did not provide the product they said they would. You asked for a sealed off wall. Building a custom box also includes covering it up to make it pretty. They failed to give you a product worth the money. Tell them you want some of the money back to pay another shop to do the work.

Second

Check pricing on the birch. Here in AK it can be hard to find good birch but it still doesn't cost that much. Usually at most 5-10 more per sheet then mdf.

Third

If you have them the money for the material after pricing it all out yourself go to then and tell them they over charged you in material cost and demand that money back.

Anyone on here that build boxes includes the material cost, vinyl, or paint in the price. Any other ship that does custom work would include all of that. Get quotes from other shops even.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Roseville, MI

Really? im up by 13 and Gratiot

12 and greater mack here bitches.

@OP hit me up sometime and ill help look shit over and lend a hand if i can help at all

You replying this to me? Who's OP?

Archived