Second Skin Audio

Sundown E15 Box help

JakeTheSnake

Hey guys!

So I'm planning a build for the trunk of my 2006 Mazda 6 using a Sundown e15 on an Alpine MRP-M500 because i read the e15's do great in big boxes at low power.

I use Torres Tuning calc for most of my boxes and just wanted a final look-over from an outside source before i went and bought the wood.

Box Data is as follows:

sdfsdf.png
Untitled.png
If there is anything you suggest i change, let me know!

About 45-50 sq in for aeros, they don't require as much as a slot port. The general rule of thumb for slot ports is 12-16 sq in per cubic foot net, and 9-12 for round (aero). Some people argue that, but I haven't had bad luck out of it. Between me and my friends, every box we ever built we went by that guideline and had great results. Every Sundown woofer I've seen on their website recommends a certain port area at a certain net volume for slots, If you do the math they go by 16 sq in of port per cubic foot. If you do the aeros the equivalent will be 12 in per cubic foot.

That'll work, if you really wanted to be technical about it carstereo.com has a minimum useable port area calculator to go by. 14 mm xmax, 32 hz tuning, the minimum diameter is 7.71 and that's 46.63 in of port area. So you can do two 4 in ports or one 8 in port, just play around with both ports on torres and see which one gets you to where you need to be the easiest.

That'll work, if you really wanted to be technical about it carstereo.com has a minimum useable port area calculator to go by. 14 mm xmax, 32 hz tuning, the minimum diameter is 7.71 and that's 46.63 in of port area. So you can do two 4 in ports or one 8 in port, just play around with both ports on torres and see which one gets you to where you need to be the easiest.

Two 4" ports does not equal one 8" port. It would take four 4" ports to equal the same area as one 8".

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived