Sundown Audio

What are the best CURRENT 7k+ amps that are available today?

PaulPumpsBass

Paul id just go for whatever youd like to run,theres alot of good companies on that list with quality equipment.

many of the top brands are all made in the same buildhouses. wish there was more people doing amp dynos.

Take your time and do your research, to run that much power will be extremely expensive and also expensive to maintain, more components = more problems. you could get pretty damn loud on 10k and a few 18s/15s and it would be quite a bit cheaper and easier to maintain.

oh yea and dont make any posts asking anyone for advice otherwise it may get brought up later to make you look bad when someone gets mad.

and remember when amps run hot they get power hungry

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

well when you ask for suggestions and someoen throws out trash im going to call it like it is. if you want I can kill your thread though take your pick. would you rather waste time considering somwthing that isnt up to par or would you like to know about it

I'm just looking for brand and models. Obviously I don't want the thread shutdown, when I had YouTube access I saw people running Atomic and they were doing WORK. But I have no personal experience with them, so I can't speak to their durability or build quality.

1994 Mazda RX7 with LS1 Swap and 2 - 10" Kicker L7's in Truck Boxes (because of extremely limited hatch space)

2003 GMC Yukon XL with 3 - 12" MTX 9500's and still has the third row seat (over 7.5 cu ft of enclosures behind third row)

1971 Chevrolet Nova with LS1 Swap (work in progress, most likely 4 - 12" Alpine Type R's as I already have them)

1961 Chevrolet Corvette Restomod with LS7 Swap (system upgrade will be one of the first things that I'll do)

Solo Basshead For The Most Part, None Of My Close Friends Have A Passion For It, Nor The Money For It. If I'm Home And Free... Always Looking To Meet Up With A Fellow Enthusiast To Talk Shop Or Do Demos! Hard To Find Fellow Bassheads (Not Crack or Heroin Addicts, I Can Find Them Everywhere) In Baltimore / Mid-Atlantic / DMV areas.

Paul id just go for whatever youd like to run,theres alot of good companies on that list with quality equipment.

many of the top brands are all made in the same buildhouses. wish there was more people doing amp dynos.

Take your time and do your research, to run that much power will be extremely expensive and also expensive to maintain, more components = more problems. you could get pretty damn loud on 10k and a few 18s/15s and it would be quite a bit cheaper and easier to maintain.

oh yea and dont make any posts asking anyone for advice otherwise it may get brought up later to make you look bad when someone gets mad.

and remember when amps run hot they get power hungry

I'm not worried about somebody bringing it up later, I'm a fucking N00B... gotta ask questions, this should be the place to ask. Thanks for the advice. I'm sure I'm coming into a forum where people have arguments all the time and they all have people that they hate on the forum. But that's the nature of the internet I guess.

1994 Mazda RX7 with LS1 Swap and 2 - 10" Kicker L7's in Truck Boxes (because of extremely limited hatch space)

2003 GMC Yukon XL with 3 - 12" MTX 9500's and still has the third row seat (over 7.5 cu ft of enclosures behind third row)

1971 Chevrolet Nova with LS1 Swap (work in progress, most likely 4 - 12" Alpine Type R's as I already have them)

1961 Chevrolet Corvette Restomod with LS7 Swap (system upgrade will be one of the first things that I'll do)

Solo Basshead For The Most Part, None Of My Close Friends Have A Passion For It, Nor The Money For It. If I'm Home And Free... Always Looking To Meet Up With A Fellow Enthusiast To Talk Shop Or Do Demos! Hard To Find Fellow Bassheads (Not Crack or Heroin Addicts, I Can Find Them Everywhere) In Baltimore / Mid-Atlantic / DMV areas.

Or its the nature of people trying to warn you not to waste your money on that product.

I'm on them tfe nuts. Wish I had the $$$ right now.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Or its the nature of people trying to warn you not to waste your money on that product.

I'm on them tfe nuts. Wish I had the $$$ right now.

Yeah, I heard the TFE has a 12k board, same board as the VFL 1100.1 has. I'm not trying to break the bank either, if I can save $600 per amp... why would I not? Might just do a Taramps 50k... get (20) 12v batteries and spend $3,500 total on the amp and batteries.

If you think you'll get 50k watts and 20 12v batteries that are worth a shit for $3500 be prepared for disappointment.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

do your research on taramps before you go spending money and make sure you truly understand what you are getting and what you are getting into

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

What's your serious budget man?

because what you've been talking about is like $20k easily.

Archived