XS Power

Ok, so now that the "cap" is out of the bag, I know everybody that is serious about SPL competition has lots of questions. Well, hopefully this helps.

Q: Where can I buy these sexy things?

A: Loose Supercells are a “direct to consumer” item only, so you will not see them listed on our website, or for sale at any dealer, or online store.

Q: Why not?

A: Because we said so... Seriously though, ultracaps can be very dangerous in the hands of an inexperienced user. For this reason, loose cells will be sold only to those who are pre-qualified and are already a part of, or willing to be a part of Team XS Power. Along with the standard team agreement, those who wish to purchase cells, will also have to sign a consent waiver to use this product.

Q: How much are they?

A: The same price as all the other ultracaps, and yes… there will be bulk discounts. We will provide bulk pricing details to those who are qualified.

Q: How soon can I buy them?

A: We are accepting orders now, however, the first shipments will not be ready for delivery until the end of January, 2015.

Q: What makes them any different than any other ultracap out there?

A: Nothing. They work equally as well as any other ultracap we’ve tested… they just look way cooler.

Q: Why should I buy them instead?

A: Because we said so… but in all seriousness, our customers have been asking for us to introduce some new technology, so here it is. And there is plenty more to come!

Q: What are the benefits of using them?

A: Ultracaps can help reduce the strain on your batteries, helping them last longer. With a properly sized cap bank, you can minimize the effects of voltage loss on your electrical system and improve the overall efficiency of charge/discharge.

Q: Can I use only caps and no batteries?

A: Yes, but we do not recommend it because there are excellent benefits that both the cap and the battery can offer, so why not take advantage of both and save the most money? After over a year and a half of testing, our recommendation is to use one ultracap bank for every 50Ah of battery capacity for burps, or one ultracap bank for every 100-120Ah for music.

Q: What is an ultracap bank?

A: If you have to ask this question, you’re probably not qualified to use them. But just to be safe, 6 cells must be used for a 12V bank (16.2V max), and 7 cells must be used for a 16V bank (18.9V max), as each cell is 2.7V each.

Q: Do we recommend these instead of batteries?

A: No, batteries are still the simplest and most affordable way to get the power you need for most users. However, for those who are serious about competition, ultracaps can help to increase SPL scores in short bursts or short duration.

Q: I already have some ultracaps from another company, can I use these in parallel with my other caps too?

A: Yes, but as with anything in SPL competition, the more consistency you can build into the system, the better.

Q: I’m too scared to work with raw ultracaps, will you offer anything for me in the future?

A: Yes, the release of the XS Power SuperCell is mainly to showcase the component parts of our upcoming SuperCell Modules. We have been working on these for nearly a year and a half, and hope to be able to have them ready for official release this summer. The modules will be available through our normal dealer base and will be safe and easy to use for users of any experience level.

What do you do next? Well, if you want to buy SuperCells, email us at info (at) xspowerbatteries.com We will do our best to keep up with your requests. If you don't want Supercells, stay tuned for other exciting new products coming along this year!

Edited by scottiej
email update
  • Like (+1 Rep) 3

XS POWER Batteries, Chargers & Accessories

888-4XS-POWER

mmm

• Like (+1 Rep) 1
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

You say be part of team xs power. I'm willing but I bring nothing to the table for you. What would be done in my situation

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Going to be an exciting year. Thank you Scottie.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

The modules are definitely the safe and easy way to go for customers who do not know how, or care to screw around with building cap banks. Installation is as simple and easy as installing a battery, and little to no risk of injury or damage during installation. We are working as quickly as we can so we can release additional info on the first module.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

888-4XS-POWER

When you say "module", would that basically be pre-assembled banks? Can you elaborate a little more on them?

Yes, of course... We will elaborate a lot more when we are ready to release the info ;-)

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

888-4XS-POWER