Sundown Audio

sa15s on saz2500 with this box do pretty good?

i can do 6.04 cubes for 2 sa 15s at 33 hz 90 sq in of port or 14.9 per....i'd have to invert them that way. Going to be running an saz2500 on them...possibly at .5 ohm (havn't decided) so there's plenty of power on tap. I can also do 6.06 cubes at 34.5 hz 90 sq in of port or 14.06 per and I wouldn't have to invert them this way. Last but not least I can do 35.23 hz in 6.21 cubes 90 sq in of port o 13.74 sq in per. I'm working with limite space in a 03 focus hatch...I don't wanna take the back seats out it's my daily driver I don't wanna go with one sa15 and I don't wanna do sa12s unless I HAVE TO. I've been told this is too small but I've seen several other people running theirs in 6-6.5 cubes with great results ecspecially with this kinda power on tap. They also say 3-4 cubes per on the site...I figure stay toward the 3 number on decent amounts of power going to them. On that last one tuned to 35 I could invert and have 6.55 net cubes also. I think this will be fine with the power i'm running my only worry is the port area...is it enough? can someone please chime in. I read on another forum a guy had his two sa15 in 6 cubes net at 34-35 and he said it played music well from 25 up to 70 where he has his filter set. They will be subs up port up slot port. I've tried aeros and I'd rather not do those I had trouble making it work in my space to a tuning i liked and enough port area etc. thanks!

michael

Well I figured out a way to use a single 10 inch aero 16 inches long and leaving it 10 inches (ports width) from the back wall of the enclosure that leaves it sticking out about 4 inches and should still give me the 10 inches or more I need from the roof of my car. This tunes it right at 35 hz with right at 7 cubes after displacements and 10.67 sq in of port per cube which with an aero should be just right. Will this work? Where can I land a 10 inch aero? Max dimensions doing subs and port up like I need at 22 inches top to bottom 19.5 inches front to back and 39.5 inches wide. This should work well. I wanted it tuned a little lower like 33 or so but I hear 34-35 works well with sa15s. Thoughts? If I make it 3 inches longer it will stick out 7 inches and I'm not sure if that will give it a full 10 inches of space between the end of the port and the roof of the car. How important is that anyways? I wanna smash lows but get loud and sound good all around too. Thanks for the help

Michael

I can make six 4 in aeros, three 6 in aeros or one 10 in aero work but I don't think either of those will fit on the face along with two 15 inch woofers this is the reason I was going to do slot I can't seem to make aeros work. I can get 6.5 cubes or so if they are inverted at around 34-35 hz with 14-15 sq in if port per. I figured 3.25 net each would be good at this power level, no?

yea I was more concerned with weather or not 6-6.5 cubes would be sufficient to still sound good and also making sure I was good on the port area and port per cube. I realize this is on the lower half of the spectrum (3-4 cubes each) but I figured that sending this much power to them being on the lower side wouldn't be such a bad idea anyways. I've seen some who recommend 3-3.5 each at 34 hz and others seem to think if they're not in 7 cubes plus it's going to be crap. Just a lot of different oppinions. If I was putting rated powre on them then yes I would need 7 cubes at minimum to maximize efficiency but putting double the rms on each them. How much port area should they have? how much per cube? I've heard about 14-15 sq in per cube?