internet speed

today i upgraded from 10 mb to 100 mb and really dont notice the difference. my download speed before was 18 mb and today i got 94 mb.. the internet feels just the same when im on the web. what the hell is up with that? i though i would be opening and closing sites rapidly but thats not the case.. i dont download music so i wont be able to notice the difference there. how can i make my internet speed faster?

okay.. it is the computer. i just tried netflix on my tv and it plays faster and im getting better picture, it even help with the sound on my soundbar with the sub

will adding memory help? i have 4gb at the moment

could be but wouldnt it effect the test?

Honestly I dont know.. i would have to say its on your end though..Like my situation i dont have the ram and what ever else makes this fucker fast.. I have 50mb and even HD youtube vids lag like crazy my xbox dosent lag at all

2006 Dodge Ram 1500

Xs3400

1500BDCP

FI BL 12

3sq @ 32hz

Rockford t675

T400.2

Stinger Deadner

Build Log Here

Not trying to thread jack at all! But I've been wondering the same. Upgraded at my house a while back it worked a lot faster for a few months, but now we can't play Xbox online just waaaay too much lag, that is if I can even connect to online, and Netflix is horrible quality for like the first 25 minutes of watching.

okay.. it is the computer. i just tried netflix on my tv and it plays faster and im getting better picture, it even help with the sound on my soundbar with the sub

will adding memory help? i have 4gb at the moment

Depends on the system and what you're expecting.

When you click on a link to access information it takes a period of time for your computer to talk to the server hosting the information due to your computers speed, the amount of hops between you and the server, and the server you are trying to get the information from itself (the site could be unoptimized or have many users). This is known as ping or latency. Your old connection may have had an identical or very similar latency average compared to your new connection, so while your ability to download larger files faster may have increased, you still have the same latency.

As to upgrading your system, typically you should clean up your system first then get together an information list of your entire PC (cpu, ram, motherboard, gpu) using programs like CPU-Z and GPU-Z to see which item may be causing the low performance. If latency is your issue then there is generally no fix unless your home network or the ISP's provided DSL/Cable modem is at fault. If you are getting near your peak download/upload rates from reliable sites then they are not likely at issue.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

If you want to see big changes in things like accessing websites, opening and closing programs... You will want to upgrade your hard drive to a SSD. It changes your entire user experience once you do that. You install the operating system to the SSD and accessing files becomes extremely snappy. You can get a 120GB version pretty cheap for basic things, like your operating system and maybe a few extra files... like one game that you might play often. Lately, i've seen a few 240-250GB models near $100. Then you just keep all of your music and stuff on a regular HDD. It's one of the best things you can do for a upgrade to your PC.

The only problem is... older systems that are limited to SATA II are not going to be able to fully utilize a SSD due to a bandwidth limitation. It would still be noticeably faster though.

Archived