Perks of going to COLLEGE.

He's 20 man $13.50 isn't bad for a kid his age.

Sometimes when you push to hard it has the opposite effect

He may be avoiding it simply because it's what you want him to do and him being a typical young Male doesn't want to do what he's told, he wants to live by his own rules.

Maybe being more passive might be a better approach.

If you're going to help the kid but aren't helping him get to his job to make money for himself how is that helping?

My point is let the kid live his life if he was raised right he will get to the right place just might take a little more time to get there.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

If I were him, I'd tell you to fuck off, too. You aren't his father, or even his step-dad.

If he's making decent cash at a young age, then maybe college (and the incurred debt) isn't the best route. He does need to learn about logical and reliable vehicles though, and anything with Lambo doors isn't it.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Yes Broke, you're right. My mother told me "He is not your son. It's nice that you are doing this for him, but I would rather you stay out of this problem. He's a young man and he needs to find you way. Let him make mistakes. He may grow to resent you".

Now, on the other hand. Young people, having limited life experiences, need to know the difference between "Playing by the game's rules" and "Setting the rules of the game". If you're in a bind and your back in against the wall...play by the rules. Plain and simple. If you're in a position that you have choices.. chose than! But you can't have your back against the wall and make the rules. Life doesn't work that way. It's a hard pill to swallow. That might be the resentment my mother was talking about. She said I was no different than he when I was his age. I beg to differ. lol.

-Frank

You might beg to differ but your mother sounds like a very smart person.

How can a boy grow into a man if he is only ever doing what he's told to do.

Basically you want him to do exactly what you say and not think for himself.

Let the boy turn into his own man and quit trying to force him Into what you want him to be.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

If I were him, I'd tell you to fuck off, too. You aren't his father, or even his step-dad.

If he's making decent cash at a young age, then maybe college (and the incurred debt) isn't the best route. He does need to learn about logical and reliable vehicles though, and anything with Lambo doors isn't it.

I beg to differ with you Orion. I can insult you, but what is the point in that?? lol. Like I told Broke, there is nothing wrong with hard work.....except working alot. lol. Orion, please read my last post about playing by the rules and setting the rules. We are all entitled to an opinion, which is why I posted this thread. Being his dad or not, which his dad was not around- I am the next best thing. And as you know, young men need role models in their lives. I am doing what my mother did for me. "Behave and you will get nice things". "Get good grades and you will get nice things". Same thing. If he tells me to fuck off, than he is setting is own rules and will be swimming up stream, instead of going with the current. so to speak.

One must realize that sometimes we have to do things to get to the next stage in life. If he takes my offer, ---he will get a car. I don't give a shit what he chooses in college. But I will not let him be that guy that works >40 a wk doing construction or some back breaking work. Why? because when you get hurt, you can't work. I see it all the time in the ER. College MAY NOT be answer, but the answer of not going, or not even being "a viable option"....that is what I will say no to. He at least needs to try it out.

-Frank

So do what I say or get no help.

He's going to do the exact opposite because straight up your being a hard headed asshole about it.

A good leader leads by example you are what would be considered a dictator.

While it is good to have rules and play by them as you say it is not OK to force something upon someone that they do not want whether you think it's best or not.

Broke,

LMAO. I am not forcing him. It's a choice. LMAO.

NO SCHOOL, NO CAR. I'm not being a dictator. lol.

If you want a free car, you need to abide to the rule of the person offering you the car.

Because nothing in life is ever "Free". There is always a price to pay.

He can always say no. I have no problem with that.

-Frank

So make him make payments on the car if he doesn't want to go to school.

So make him make payments on the car if he doesn't want to go to school.

Yes, I have thought about that. I thold his mother, the only problem with that is

he can not pay me $50.00 this wk. $100.00 next month. Etc. He has done that before with her.

He once needed tires for his truck. I offered him the money in my New York Italian accent, it came out like

Robert Deniro.....

"But come friday, that $$ you make is mine.Which means you can not pay me half-zees, now, than next wk

the other half. What life lesson do you learn from that shit?. How to pay back the ones you love?

Being all about it to get the $, but slow to return it?".

"No $ for the weekend..not my problem. You wanted the tires now"

Needless to say, he did not take my money.

So, Sorry Charlie, not an option I am offering. lol.

-Frank

Archived