Second Skin Audio

Need a good box design for JL 13W7AE

milburyl

I have a 1986 300zx and wanna try a different box design than the pre-fab box I bought for my sub. I bought a pre-fab box off ebay that is built to JL specs and is a ported box. Was thinking on a ported box with sub facing upwards towards the glass and ported towards the rear of the car. Sub is 13W7AE, amp is a JL 1000/1.

not too sure of my dimensions. will try to get to measure them soon. out of curiosity, approximately how cubic feet should i be looking to go with using the power that i currently have? i think the box i have is like 2.37 ft3 after sub displacement. not 100% though. i just know its built to jl recommended size. should i be going bigger? i like to listen to all kinds of music, mostly newer rock, but love me some old school rap. like my bass alot.

3 cubes is the most I would go with that sub. I had a mate running 1 off a 500/1 in a 2.8 box. Sounded really good. You could try 3 cubes @ 35hz

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

not too sure of my dimensions. will try to get to measure them soon. out of curiosity, approximately how cubic feet should i be looking to go with using the power that i currently have? i think the box i have is like 2.37 ft3 after sub displacement. not 100% though. i just know its built to jl recommended size. should i be going bigger? i like to listen to all kinds of music, mostly newer rock, but love me some old school rap. like my bass alot.

If you are going for a musical oriented setup I would stay 2.6-2.8 net and tune 33-35.

Archived