Noobtastic14's liquid cooled Neo 18s hardwood wall.

Thank you for the warm welcome back!

The wall has actually been in and playing for (mostly) the last five years while also serving as my daily driver. Along with some cosmetic upgrades and a big amp upgrade in 2013 Its gone largly unchanged. I have been demoing it and doing shows off and on for that entire time. Recently I noticed that I was not playing it much do to the novelty wearing off. The car's max number was a 157.3 in NSPL at the first TDH Jeff Lockheart show in 2013 (outlaw) 153.0 window down on the dash 151.0 sealed on the dash. The new concept aims more for simplicity and efficiency than being unique and putting up raw numbers. I am not going to foam the entire back half of the car, I'm not double and triple baffling every single panel, and I am not investing in new subs and woofers. What I am doing, is rebuilding the box into a size and shape that will allow for an easier build and for a more reliable volume/tuning calculation. I am using Dowel for bracing and doubling up areas that the car will allow for.

The car is a 2 door coupe which means I have very little acces to the build space and considerations must be made for the assembly process to allow acces to areas that are blocked by the body of the car. I used a kreg jig to help with sinking fasteners from the inside to secure panels. The car is SMALL. Small enough that over the course of the build I have made decisions in an attempt to balance the fitment as well as strength. The enclosure houses two 18s on around 3k daily so I don't need twelve baffles or the entire interior covered in fiberglass. The result will be strong, stable, and loud.

The old box was ~14cuft @38hz with 128sqin of "DC" port. No panel was square and to compansate all the edges were crammed with fiberglass to ensure a seal. After several years of taking a beating the box was not holding up well. The new box is 12cuft @34hz with 180sqin of port. The finish on the old box was black fabric with an aluminum accent. The new box will not repeat that design feature- it will be something different and hopefully unique enough to still warrant attention at shows. The combination of woodworking experience gained in the last five years as well as lessons in patience and attention to detail from working on the F-22 Raptor(2A7x5) will hopefully yeild a much better product this time around.

As a quick recap-

DD M2Bs (x2)

Aura 1808s (x2)

*4" NRT underhung motor with PSI soft parts

Diablo 124.4 (x1)

Pioneer 6.5 comps (x2)

110A 3000GT Alt (x1)

300A DC Power Alt (x1)

As always, thank you for looking and stay tuned for the update.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

definitely tuned in!!

01 Suburban Z71 - 5.3L - Black - 6" Lift on 35's - Pioneer H/U - Kicker Mids, 8" Polk sub.

Past rides-

07 Avalanche - Sunburst Orange - 4/6 Drop - Pioneer AVH-X5600 - 2/0 Royal Excelene - T/M fuse blocks - Stock and Singer 350 Alts - 4 Kinetik 1800 - Crecsendo BC5500 & S800.4 amps - 2 Tantric HDD 18's.- RE XXX 6.5 comps

01 Grand Vitara - V6 - 4x4 - Pioneer H/U - Incriminator 6.5 Comps - SSA XCON 18 - Skar 1500.1 & 84.4 amps - Singer 160 Alternator - Optima Yellow top..

110A 3000GT Alt (x1)

B)

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Sounds like an interesting setup.

I'm tuned in!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I wanna see where this goes

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

110A 3000GT Alt (x1)

B)
I'm not sure what you mean by this but that alt worked wonders before I went with dual alts. 40A over stock and bolts right up to the OEM location. It was Worth every penny!

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Drew, im not talking shit.. I drive a 3S lol

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Archived