Sonic Electronix

Greetings! Newbie here... Thoughts on a Starter "system" ???

Heya Gurus,

Just got a "rare and exotic" Honda Accord Coupe!!

The very poor stock factory stereo.. is junk! (surprise) its just a 4 speaker base system. im needing to use/ the stock head unit.. (ok)

leased car.

I want to know your thoughts on the following component upgrades.....

Amp: Audison AV5.1

Processor: Audison bit 10 (D)

Speakers: Audison AV 6.5 seperates (front soundstage only)

Damping: Metra Ballistic trunk kit

Sub: JL 10 w 7 v4 ?? (forgot exactly) in sealed box in trunk.

all tuned/ eq'd, timed ect ect..bla bla

Forgot the following notes***

TOTAL INSTALLED COST.. $4464

Shop: Kingpin Audio and marine (Jason)

thanks!

2015 Honda Accord Coupe.

Front stage looks good. Your going to lose whatever deadener you apply when u return the lease so don't go ape shit applying it. Also, I'm assuming you are going to remove all the speakers when you return the vehicle, so why not purchase a head unit (if that's what you want to do) and just reinstall the stock one when its time to return as well?

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Front stage looks good. Your going to lose whatever deadener you apply when u return the lease so don't go ape shit applying it. Also, I'm assuming you are going to remove all the speakers when you return the vehicle, so why not purchase a head unit (if that's what you want to do) and just reinstall the stock one when its time to return as well?

Thanks for the reply!

good point on the deadner! didnt think of that...

O hell yes on removing all the new gear upon return/ sale of the car..(they remove re install OEM gear free)

there is also a 30 day full price trade for any other equipment (test drive your gear)

The head unit... well its very "curved" Installer (Kingpin Audio) said would not make huge difference and the $$$$ would be better spent elsewhere..

I need to keep stock/ stealth appearance.

and the head unit is one that fully integrated many function of the car and stereo display onto one large screen. Grrrr

Thinking of substituting the Bit Ten to Bitten D for the extra input and controller?? vs spending on deadner.

2015 Honda Accord Coupe.

The dash kit that actually replaces the factory head unit is pricey, yes. But this isn't a starter system. You're already spending over 3 grand and you're going to shortchange yourself over a $250 dash kit?

Secondly, Metra actually makes a kit that will replace that factory pocket with the door below your head unit and allow you to install an aftermarket head unit in its place.

41v5eaCtEvL._SY355_.jpg

mUVgZQ7l6rpQwvZVlg30qjQ.jpg

Of course, this kit is much MUCH cheaper. Your factory head unit stays in place and, depending on the installer, will still light up and display the clock, etc, but just won't play audio obviously. Meanwhile, you slap a Pioneer 80PRS in place of the pocket and enjoy the fuck out of your $3000 audio system.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

Sounds like a nice setup...

My question is why would you install audio in a car you're leasing?? Not being a dick just curious

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Price is a bit steep I think

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

The dash kit that actually replaces the factory head unit is pricey, yes. But this isn't a starter system. You're already spending over 4 grand and you're going to shortchange yourself over a $250 dash kit? (plus the head unit $$$)

I dont like the look of those options, dont want to loose the functionality of non-radio related functions..

Secondly, Metra actually makes a kit that will replace that factory pocket with the door below your head unit and allow you to install an aftermarket head unit in its place.

Thanks! i'll look into these..

Of course, this kit is much MUCH cheaper. Your factory head unit stays in place and, depending on the installer, will still light up and display the clock, etc, but just won't play audio obviously. Meanwhile, you slap a Pioneer 80PRS in place of the pocket and enjoy the fuck out of your $3000 audio system.

O i plan to enjoy the fuck out of it!! rest assured .. I love tax refund time!! lol

Sounds like a nice setup...

thanks!

My question is why would you install audio in a car you're leasing?? Not being a dick just curious

its cool I would wonder same thing.. My installer will remove it (if I dont keep the car) no charge.

** updated first post with a couple equipment changes**

2015 Honda Accord Coupe.

Price is a bit steep I think

You are soo right! I priced most of the hardware almost 1/4 less all together...GRRR

not allot of a-list installers (none) around here

and with any of them, If i buy the equipment elsewhere, they will just make up for it and gouge me in the install, and wont back up any hardware no warranties either. To me thats kinda important with gear this expensive!! I swear i must be mental! heh

2015 Honda Accord Coupe.

Depending on where you're located, maybe someone on here that's close to you will help you out... You buy everything for the price you want, find someone local who has the right tools and skills, and im sure they'll help out for a hell of a lot less.

Archived