Second Skin Audio

dstnparr

I was looking to get a sundown zv.4 18 in my 2009 ford focus. I figured out that after the displacement of the woofer and the port that I would have around 7 Cu. Ft. of usable air space. the port would be 5'' wide and tuned to 32 hz. the dimensions of the box are 40 wide, 20 tall, and 22 deep. For my amplifier, i was thinking of using an audiopipe 3000.1. I know that sundown subwoofers can take a decent amount more power than what they are rated, but I am a little concerned that this might be too much power. I think the enclosure will work well with this subwoofer but I wanted to try to get a second opinion on the forum. Let me know what you think or if there is any suggestions that would make this build even better. Thanks.

I'm quite sure that any reply to this thread about that amp will be that you're fine, it's not likely going to do rated. I've never ran audiopipe, but going by the common consensus and the cheap as dirt prices, it's a crap amp, and you're better off buying a better, more reliable amp.

Youll be find with that amp on the zv.4. Just take it easy at first! depending on the ohm rating on the voice coil run it at the lowest then work its way up as it breaks in.

2013 Ford Focus Hatchback SE

Kicker CS61234

Kicker 40CS674

Kicker KST25

Sundown Audio SA-12 D2

Rockford Fosgate t1000-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate t400-4

Audio Control LC7i

Kinetik HC2000

0/1 Gauge

Big 3 Upgrade

Beer, babes, and bass.

Youll be find with that amp on the zv.4. Just take it easy at first! depending on the ohm rating on the voice coil run it at the lowest then work its way up as it breaks in.

^^^What kind of suggestion is this? Run it at its lowest then with its way up add it breaks in?

Go to the Sundown only page on FB, they'll have you running 2 of those Audiopipes on the Zv4 because it's indestructible.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Archived